Question

Current API & API 2.0

• 5 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Insided,

We'd like to know more about the possibilities with the current API, because we'd like to implement forum topics on our website pages in the smartest ways possible. Is there a knowledge base article about this?

Also, could you tell us when we can expect API 2.0 (ProductPlan only shows 2017) and what we can expect from it?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
We'd like to know more about the possibilities with the current API, because we'd like to implement forum topics on our website pages in the smartest ways possible. Is there a knowledge base article about this?
While there are indeed various articles on the topic of integrations coming up, can we get you started on what the current inSided API can do (which is a lot, actually more than the new one in its first phases anyway)?

One way to approach designing new content integrations is defining what your digital channel (like a website or mobile app page or section) is aiming to do/solve for the user, and how the community (its content or functionality) can help with this use case. After setting these goals, functional requirements and visual mockups can flow from this - which can then help in turn finding the technical solution(s) to realize the integration. Thus, this will be your last step, not the first.

The advantage of taking this approach is not only to clearly separate problem and solution (as not to get confused by technical details involving the API, for example) - but it will also help set expectations on how the proposed integration should perform in terms of metrics to monitor for assessing success, and provide for a feedback loop after first release!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Got it 😄

I am discussing integrations with our online marketeers and consultants on a very frequent basis. I'd like to provide them with the full documentation on the API, because they do speak 'tech'. They know our goals and KPI's and have the know how and skills to A/B test several implementations.

I thought the API might be interesting info for others in the community, but it would probably go above our heads. I can also let our consultants get in touch with you directly 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge
All our API documentation can be found in here, and you (and your colleagues) are very much welcome to discuss and brainstorm functional and technical solutions here (and have other peers join in!), with your Customer Success Manager (@Bart) and/or through our Support Desk 🤓