Real-time email notifications when a reassigned task is completed

Related products: None

I would like functionality built into Gainsight that will allow tasks which are re-assigned to a new user to fire off an email or notification of some sort once that task is completed. This likely [i]must be a SFDC task (rather than CSTask) because the users completing those reassigned tasks do not have, and likely never will have Gainsight access.

---------

Detail:

Our CSMs work with a variety of other functions in the organization to complete technical builds, answer detailed questions, maintain or fix something that's broken, etc.

Our organization is a heavy user of Tasks in SFDC. Both to report on what individuals at our company have completed, when, and how long they spent on the work; but also to help our end users manage their day and items on their plate.

Before migrating to Gainsight, our CSMs would create a task (let's say build a search on our platform) for the technical team to go perform. After creating the task, they would reassign it to the technical team - along with an estimated amount of time it would take to complete and a suggested due date.

Once that task was completed, a SFDC flow would kick off an email instantaneously to the CSM alerting them that the task had been completed - at which point they would re-engage with the client.

Now that we are using Gainsight CTAs + Tasks, we have lost this functionality for a variety of reasons:

• The technical team who performs this work does not have, and likely never will have access to Gainsight

• For auto-generated CTAs and playbooks, The "created by" user that we typically used to fire off the email will now show the Gainsight administrator's record (me), rather than the CSM. This is especially common during our onboaridng process, which is managed by CTAs and playbooks now that CSMs are living in Gainsight

• Even if we could get a rule to accomplish this function directly from Gainsight, at present it does not look like the rule could fire more than once a day. We need this closer to "instantly" so we do not loose a business day between communications with clients. We have seen time and time again that a fast onboarding limits churn in our organization, so extending the process by a few days, multiple times in the process may leave a client more likely to churn in the future

Thanks for the post, Josh.  Two things that are coming up in our next release that may help you here.  First, we will start to support multiple Bionic Rule runs per day.  Second, Advanced Outreach will support an Email Model (in addition to the existing Survey models).  This is relevant because Advanced Outreach is hooked into our Event framework, so you can trigger emails. The standard scenario for now is trigger on Case closure but you could also do this based on SFDC Task closure.  

See https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/General_Administration/Events_Fra...

Are we getting closer?
Awesome! Thanks Karl.

Two follow on questions:

1) When is the release expected?

2) Is there a specific person my CSM at Gainsight should get in touch with to help us roll that out?

Seems like it could definitely work for us.
Please see our recent release date announcement in the community.  I suggest that you subscribe to the  "Product News and Announcement" category to keep up with this sort of thing.  Also, you may want to attend my Release Preview webinar on Thursday for more details on this and many many other things!  Also note that if you have a Gainsight Sandbox you will get to start playing with (some of) the new stuff in about 10 days.