Release

Introducing Custom Pages: Add unique, customizable pages to the customer hub

Introducing Custom Pages: Add unique, customizable pages to the customer hub

We're excited to launch Custom Pages, allowing you to expand the customer hub beyond the existing modules. Custom pages are standalone, blank, and fully customizable pages that can be linked to from anywhere using a unique URL.

The need for greater flexibility

Do you use multiple platforms to ensure your users get the most out of your product? Then you understand how difficult it can be for your users to access information scattered across multiple resources. We provide modules such as Q&A, knowledge base, events, groups, ideation, and product updates to ensure that your customers can find most of the information they require in a single location. At the same time, we recognize the need to incorporate additional information that does not fit in the existing modules but is still very relevant to your customers.

Read this article to learn how to get started with Custom Pages.

How our customers are using Custom Pages

Custom pages are designed to be used for various purposes, such as persona-specific pages, product-specific landing pages, event promotion, an onboarding guide, and more. 

inSpired

Persona Specific Pages

Custom pages can be used to create dedicated pages for personas targeted by your product. You can personalise the hub experience by directing your personas to these pages, where users can easily and quickly find all persona-specific related information, reducing time to value for your customers.

We created two persona pages highlighting the value proposition and relevant content for each persona: Product Managers and Community Managers.

Product Manager

dTiNKVzwxg-fUsxm-8Ss3grjxbv7PBDvVhTFXH44VL3CPpORkoNjwft6EheYOC3YmxlN93uzOBBcopl2NsvxgsbyaHSjEKeYudoP4M0-tSKXycvVV1q56hanf_n8htr4lG6UfSToBdJCAyf8IcyxEUM

Community Manager

rAQvwIf5P_mShRsDXFOq-P_hqhq6A7n84Mvfw6r50PZRcnGOSQaI1zvLCSCzDY4OlQdTxXwlaRkmMuvunTqYNGuv6JgRL9tL6NHYZAihZPr2-mOT5dB-kP-uOJbkhMP6hY6qTs4JARbjoR_x8cqJ66s

Ticket deflection

DEEcHuMcLnPRC8QHMEvIU1IQbFlDH-u1Xr4LeCMF5yuGB-_-e68M45-pa3-riW_trNA9ZhGKXlbGw7nYqs5JtLGX17-bvTczPthwghroHhtHWH0X0Bxe1A_89TNRluddQeRKi-Ifwi9dsgVpl1ZeWwY

Here are a few inspiring examples of custom pages created by our customers:

VisioneersTV by Gong

Gong conducted a series of interviews with their customers to learn more about how they use Gong. A custom page is used to showcase and share these interviews on the customer hub.

IqaA1VanVdfiULFkT3zafNpJLEQNrB9O5EPXVEHIDE5zUuYVUzhUjL4QoZV8ev62AxlJHn_TRhbwy820JQPYCvz8AtMRlJBFG2LaRXZw86p17iqm68r8z3G1EQEOdoLT0ysEttaACWeOKYi7ik5QjGI

Product Roadmap by CircleBlack

CircleBlack, an enterprise software platform for financial advisors, has created a custom page to communicate their product roadmap so that their customers can stay up to date on what has been released, what is on the way, and what is in the backlog.

zreUalPP2K28ooiC-qzyo6WOTFms1IIs0EmKE4Y0Xu_ZnxUkANY03dztPl4zTiN3-vMez4OH0iOfkQXgw8_9c08ZL7HlyKWd2gYjvPfedItigZ8q9HiXjRs061HY3sXbJ6gPRbF728WrPetzkYGTsEQ

We’d love to hear from you!

Do you have any questions or comments about the custom pages? Add them below!

We’re always open to new ideas. How do you plan on using Custom Pages? What would make Custom Pages even more powerful? Care to share a link to a Custom Page for inspiration?

This is great! 😍

Also: the onboarding guide example you mentioned is not accessable. Maybe you've used the awesome permissions function overthere.

@TomW Thanks for pointing it out. Indeed, the permissions needed to be changed. Can you please check now?

@Sudhanshu Works like a charm!

Will it be possible to create articles to be posted only in a custom page?

Will it be possible to create articles to be posted only in a custom page?

Great question, I wonder this myself! 😊

I see that all the blocks related to gamification are disabled from custom pages. Why is that? 😊 @Sudhanshu 

I see that all the blocks related to gamification are disabled from custom pages. Why is that? 😊 @Sudhanshu 

Hi @Suvi Lehtovaara, could you please elaborate on gamification blocks? Do you mean some widget?

Hi @Suvi Lehtovaara, could you please elaborate on gamification blocks? Do you mean some widget?

Hi @Sudhanshu , I meant the Leaderboard widget etc. They’re all disabled on custom pages.

Thanks for this @Sudhanshu

Quick question around the use case: is there a way to set up the home page (overview or in our case, the forum module) as a custom page? I.e I want the homepage to look different depending on super user vs new user vs unregistered.  

I know we can link to a custom page for newbies via the welcome comm, so newbies see this page if they click through that way, that’s great. But the homepage still has to cater for multiple audiences without the option of making it custom...

@Suvi Lehtovaara The leaderboard widget is a side-bar widget. Have you tried adding a 2:1 Container first and then try to add leaderboard widget in the smaller container.

@timcavey There is no way to do so as of now. However, we are looking at this functionality as a way to personalize the landing experience for the users. If I understand correctly, you’d like to assign different custom pages, designed for different audiences via permissions, as different homepages for different custom roles?

yes @Sudhanshu exactly that

Please make it possible to easily duplicate custom pages. The beauty of the is how free you are to build whatever you want, but the downside is that you have to start from scratch each time. I’d even be fine if it had to be export/import thing for V1. Just some way to easily re-create existing page, or even better create templates from which to start :) 

Hi @Sudhanshu! This is exciting. Could you please check the permissions on the Persona pages you mention? I don’t have access to view those either. 

Please make it possible to easily duplicate custom pages. The beauty of the is how free you are to build whatever you want, but the downside is that you have to start from scratch each time. I’d even be fine if it had to be export/import thing for V1. Just some way to easily re-create existing page, or even better create templates from which to start :) 

+1 Nick

@megan @anirbandutta Updated the permissions. Please let me know if you still can’t access the pages.

Hi @Sudhanshu 

Quick question - will we be able to track user views on Custom Pages? Thanks!

Hi @Sudhanshu 

Quick question - will we be able to track user views on Custom Pages? Thanks!

Hi @Milla!

You can track page performance for custom pages in Google Analytics. 

I’m already loving custom pages! So helpful. Does anyone know how to add a hero image? I’d like it to look uniform to the heroes on the community or knowledge base but all I see is the option to add a small image that doesn’t fill the whole hero space.

I’m already loving custom pages! So helpful. Does anyone know how to add a hero image? I’d like it to look uniform to the heroes on the community or knowledge base but all I see is the option to add a small image that doesn’t fill the whole hero space.

At the moment - no.

With Banner widget you can add image and with big size as well. But it isnt hero image as such.

I’m trying to figure out how could I create “Tabs” element (mostly intetested in “recently active” tab), but only with discussions from certain category. Does anyone know if this is possible? 🤔

I’m trying to figure out how could I create “Tabs” element (mostly intetested in “recently active” tab), but only with discussions from certain category. Does anyone know if this is possible? 🤔

Only if you had not specified ‘certain’ @roopeg ...Currently all widgets shows All Community data.

All these tailored usecases will be absorbed as a part of the evolution of Custom Pages.

Hi there,

How can I integrate several mega menus into the navigation bar, similar to the example provided at this URL: https://sud-en-community.almostinsided.com/p/onboardingguide?