๐ŸŽ View topics in the embeddable widgets, without leaving the page

• 12 September 2018
  • 3 replies

• Gainsight Employee: Team Captain
  • 47 replies

TL;DR: we released the ability to view the details of a topic when you click a topic in the conversational widget / the in-page widget. Your users can view community content without having to leave the page they're on.ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

When youโ€™re trying to work out how a new software feature works; when youโ€™re shopping online and need advice; when youโ€™re on a support page trying to resolve a niche problem: why should you have to go to a different page to find helpful information?

ย 

Having your flow interrupted is frustrating. Switching context is frustrating.

ย 

We want to minimise the risk of your customers becoming frustrated when they need to find help.

ย 

As of today, through the embeddable widgets, your website visitors can now seamlessly view answers to questions and relevant articles & conversations from the community. Best part? They donโ€™t have to leave the page theyโ€™re on. When someone clicks a topic in either of the embeddable widgets, theyโ€™ll instantly see the details of the topic in the conversational widget.

ย 

Anyone who reads these topics can also anonymously provide feedback on the helpfulness of the content. In the future, we plan to make this data available to you through a dashboard in Control, to give you actionable insights on how your content performs: on both your community and external locations (through the embeddable widgets).

ย 

What exactly is available?

• When your website visitors click a topic in the conversational widget, they can now view the details of the topic without having to leave the page theyโ€™re currently on (the same applies if they click a topic in the in-page widget!).
  • Your website visitors can now anonymously provide feedback on whether they found a topic helpful or not in the embeddable widgets. This data is not yet available through any dashboards in Control.

Take a look at some GIFs to see this new feature in action.

Viewing an answered question in the conversational widget and rating how helpful it was

ย 

ย 

More GIFs:ย 

Viewing an article in the conversational widget

ย 

ย 

Clicking a topic in the in-page widget opens in the conversational widget

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Like what you see? Check out how to get started with the conversational widgetย and the in-page widget.

ย 

Need more details? Check out the Embeddable Widgets General FAQ.

ย 

Share your feedback/questions!ย 

Let us know what you think of this new feature - the team would love to hear your questions, opinions, observations, criticism, and (letโ€™s not forget) any positive comments.

3 replies

Super nice, will become lots easier to let users benefit from usefull answers in the community!
Great! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป
Badge
Hi Daniel

I have looked at the new options for the widgets - some nice additions! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

But I have some questions & issues

Card updates not showing in reading card - or: how to design the reading card?

AFAIK the card that's opening when a user elects to review in detail the community content is the conversational-card. However, the configurations from there don't seem to impact that "reading-card" (colors, titles, outlines, etc.)

Back button disappears

Great option to show either conversational or in-page widget.

But, when you disable the Conversational widget, because we want to show only the in-page widget, the Back is being removed from the reading card

Search results

As mentioned in AMS, the search results are way too old - mainly content older than 6 months is being show. That doesn't create a lot of trust with users to open and review the content.

Content config per channel

with the content config, I'd expect to be able to configure at a page level which content is being shown. However, I'm not able to do that when I configure a page higher up in the hierarchy.

• I configured /service to show two specific contents
  • I configured/service/rechnung-zahlung to show other content
  • apparently /service overrules /service/rechnung-zahlung as only its content is shown
  • when I remove the higher hierarchy, the configured content shows up as configured

Hierarchy overruling

Same hierarchical level

New tab opening

When a user decides to go to the community from the "reading-card", a new tab is opened. The UX for our portal defines, that every link within the portal (and the community is embedded) MUST open within the same tab. Can you make this configurable?

Cheers,

Florian