Release

đź”— Improved UI for links to topics: Meet Rich topic cards

Related products: CC Topic Creation
đź”— Improved UI for links to topics: Meet Rich topic cards

Links to other important topics in your community should get the attention they deserve. We designed a new link style to highlight other community links and make them stand out from links pointing outside of the community

Previously when linking to another topic from a topic or a reply, you would have to use a simple hyperlink. We decided to improve this design to make it more impactful.

Now you simply have to paste the destination URL or Control URL of a topic to have it turn into a nice looking card.

How does the rich topic card differ according to content type?

To note:

• Hyperlinks to content outside the community will of course work as usual
  • Old hyperlinks you would have used will not change and will not be converted to rich topic cards. This will only work for new links to topics you create

Go try it now and please share feedback with us :)

🤔You don't see rich topic cards?

For a while this feature has been an "Experimental feature". If at that time you decided to disable it, the feature will not be enabled now. If you want to start using it now, let us know so we can enable it for you :)

This looks nice @Marion Frecaut and really good to see that it turns an internal link into this more impactful design without any extra work/coding to be done on our part.

One question - how we do request for it to be enabled?

Or have I just requested it?! :thinking:

@m4rc it should be enabled for all customers except the ones who pro actively deactivated it while it was in beta. Could you let me know if it is working for you?

Hahaha, this is the first thing I saw in my email notification that you’d replied….

it should be enabled for all customers except you

Anyway yes I can confirm it’s working fine for us :thumbsup:

Ahaha sorry about that, my sentence didn't make sense at all!! I edited it:) Glad it's working fine for you now!

I agree to @m4rc, it looks really nice and my first impression was :heart_eyes: .

But there is the other side of the coin: It seems no longer possible to link a certain reply, the link is alway converted to the topic link.

Is this a bug or a feature @Marion Frecaut?

Greetings,

Katja

But there is the other side of the coin: It seems no longer possible to link a certain reply, the link is alway converted to the topic link.

You’d probably have to use an anchor text link (ie highlight some text and add link) for sending someone to a specific reply. 

A little bit like this example. 

Hello @Katja_J. and @m4rc, thanks a lot for your remarks. I agree with you @Katja_J.,  you should be able to just paste the link to a reply and have the rich topic card redirect you to the reply in question and not the starting topic. To be honest, I think we overlooked it. I created a ticket for us to solve it soon.

In the mean time, @m4rc you suggested a very good workaround. Thanks for that :)

Thank you @Marion Frecaut for creating a ticket and @m4rc for your workaround, i instantly provided our poweruser with your tip. :relaxed:

Greetings and a relaxed advent season,

Katja