Solved

G2 review left for Insided - what's the next steps for an Amazon voucher?

• 24 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone know the process for claiming that great offer (custom widget on the right of the homepage) of a $50 Amazon voucher for a full review of Insided on G2?

Christmas shopping is coming up…..

icon

Best answer by timcavey 4 March 2021, 13:02

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi Tim!

First of all, thank you very much for submitting a G2 review! Those are super important for us, so I’m super happy that you have taken the time.

I just checked, and your review is still being approved by G2. Once it is, you will receive an email with a link to be able to claim the giftcard. This can take up to 48-hours by their own SLA.

Hope that makes sense, feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Remco, they’re a bit behind as this was submitted a few weeks back. 

Shall i chase them directly?

Badge

Let me check for you. Also, I have some questions but will PM you about them!

Userlevel 1
Badge

FYI anyone that this was sorted - it turns out the review was already half completed so went through a different journey then new reviews. 

Badge

One other bit of advice as well actually.

As it turns out (and to Tim’s surprise!), G2 generally issues these Amazon Gift Cards in USD, and for use on the Amazon USA store. You can’t use them directly on any other Amazon websites such as Amazon UK. I did give Tim a heads up about it and his reaction was Oh no! But that’s my Christmas shopping! And it turned out I was right.

It is apparently possible to get these gift cards exchanged for one of equivalent value with Amazon UK or whichever Amazon site happens to be your local one. I’m not sure exactly how @timcavey did it, but there’s a way. Possibly via Amazon Customer Service? But just a heads up though - you cannot redeem a gift card that’s in the wrong currency/country. While you could potentially spend it on the country it’s for and then have the purchase shipped over, it’s very expensive.

If you find this happens, my advice would be don’t redeem the gift card to your Amazon account or spend it yet. Keep it safe and then check with Amazon Customer Service as to whether they can swap it for you. It’s possible you might get lucky, but you could always use the workaround if needed.