You must have at least one knowledge base category before you can start adding articles as each article is assigned to a category. Read create your Knowledge base structure with categories for more information.
Writing new articles
1. Click 'New article' in the sidebar menu.
2. Give your article a short title. Use words that your users are likely to search for and recognize.
3. Start writing your article! If you already have content somewhere else (e.g. Google Drive) simply copy and paste. Use the editor functionalities to style your article.
4. Select the category where your article should be published in.
5. When you're happy with your article there are two things you can do:
- Save as draft will save your article or work in progress to publish later
- Publish creates the articles and publishes it in your help center
You can choose any of the following options:
- To close an article for comments, deselect Allow replies
- To make an article stick to the top, select Sticky topic (this does not apply for articles published in a knowledge base category)
- Under Article Label you can add any label. When you click the input field a list of default labels appear. If you want to have your own label simply type it inside the input field.
- To add a featured image, click the Upload image button. Read Article image: design specs and changes for best practices on uploading featured images.
- Add one or more public tags to your article
One your article is published your users can read and interact with it. Now it's time to optimize your article order to make it easier for users to find what they need.