How to

Set up Quick Links on your Homepage

• 14 December 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Quick links guide your users to wherever you want them to be. Everything that has an URL can be linked to, for example: an important category, a popular article, documentation in a .pdf format...the list goes on! 

You can set up as many quick links as you like, however for navigation purposes only 6 quick links are shown by default. Visitors can see all quick links by clicking the show more button. 

Quick links with icons

How To Set up Quick Links on your Homepage

1. Activate Customization mode

2. Hover over the homepage and determine where you want to add quick links. Click the plus icon (➕)  and select the Quick links widget

3. Configure a widget title (optional)

4. Configure styling of the cards with border and border radius

5. Click Add quick link button to create a new quick link

6. Select a Visual style

7. Provide a title (maximum of 30 characters is allowed)

8. Provide a description, this is not required (maximum of 80 characters allowed)

9. Provide a link (must start with https://) and select if it should open in a new tab or not

10. Click Save changes button 

11. Repeat step 5 - 10 until you are satisfied with the amount of quick links

12. Click Done

13. Click Publish and you’re done: your quick links will now appear on your homepage

Note: You can change the order of your quick links simply by drag & drop. Click and drag the tile you want to reorder and drop it at the right position.

Important: Links must be secured (https://)

13 replies

Which size is the image with the quick links?
Userlevel 1
Hey Denise,

Quick-links are responsive and adapt to the screen size, there is not one size to rule them all. Here are the properties:

Viewports larger than 1024px

3 Quick links next to each other

Image height: 112px

Image width: 354px

Viewports between 768 - 1024px

2 quick links next to each other

Image width: 368 - 496px

Viewports between 420 - 768px

1 quick link on a line

Image width: 372 - 719px

Viewports smaller than 420px (mobile)

All quick links next to each other

Image height: 80px

Image width: 186px

You can explore the responsive behaviour of the quick links here on inSpired by resizing your browser screen or via the toggle device toolbar

Hope this helps
Hi! Those Quicklinks are a great opportunity and they look great on mobile!

Looking at them via Chrome, they are quite huge (I am currently using 4):

Is there a way I can fix this?
Badge
If you add two more quicklinks, then you'll have three per line. I don't know if that helps though.
How do I track click throughs on these quick links to ensure we can track success of this feature?

Is this buried somewhere in GA?

Any help appreciated!!
@Sivan this topic might help with your question:

https://community.insided.com/got-a-question-38/how-can-i-use-the-three-smaller-quicklinks-as-used-on-the-insided-community-homepage-1748

Darran
Badge
How do I track click throughs on these quick links to ensure we can track success of this feature?

You can track the click events for the Quick Links in GA. I think this tutorial will help you: https://community.insided.com/google-analytics-95/sending-click-events-to-google-analytics-1729
Amazing @bjoern_schulze thanks for sharing! 🙂

Is it possibile to add the quick links twice at your homepage? So you could use it at the top and bottom like you have at the inSpired homepage atm? I don’t see the option when I enter the customize role. 

Last week I had the option, but didn't publish it yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can add multiple quick links widgets to your homepage. Make sure you add the quick links to the position: body (as explained here). 

If you don’t see the Quick links widget in the widget library you might have clicked the wrong plus icon ,the one in the Container, it is not possible to add a quick links widget to the container.

Multiple quick link widgets

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have added several Quick links and every of them have images. For some reason images arent displayed? No matter what image I test, it can´t be seen on Quick links.

What I am doing wrong?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @revote  I can see that you succesfully added the images in the code but I don’t see them as well. I’ve passed your question to our Support team as they will better be able to handle and track it. Our  Support Team will be in touch as soon as possible over email to troubleshoot with you further. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @revote  I can see that you succesfully added the images in the code but I don’t see them as well. I’ve passed your question to our Support team as they will better be able to handle and track it. Our  Support Team will be in touch as soon as possible over email to troubleshoot with you further. 

Awesome, thanks a lot.