Solved

Tracking content Helpfulness report for Knowledge base articles

• 18 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi Team, 

Now that our knowledge base is live, we’d like to track the views and content helpfulness rating of all our articles hosted in the knowledge base to ensure that our articles are catering for our customers needs.

Is there a report that we can export that will show us an overall view of the content helpfulness rating all our knowledge base articles without us having to click in to each article and recording the helpfulness rating manually? We’d like to run a weekly report to measure the success of our articles. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

icon

Best answer by Julian 19 February 2020, 14:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Nikhil,

thanks for sharing your question here and congrats on launching your knowledge base, it looks good!

Now there is no dedicated export for the knowledge base or content helpfulness. However, there are two ways to check on content helpfulness performance:

Google Analytics

We are sending content helpfulness votes to Google Analytics as click events. This overview however is about the entire community, there might be ways to filter this down to the knowledge base. You can read more about where to find this in this topic.

The content dasbhoard

There is a filter which you can save in your dashboard - this filter then you can use to check on the current performance of content helpfulness within your knowledge base (on the entire knowledge base as well as on individual topic level).

I have written down the steps for you:

1. Click on the advanced filter icon in the top right corner of the content dashboard:
  1. Check the mark in this box to show all available advanced filters (my screenshot is in dutch but you should be able to find it):
  2. Then enter “category” into the search bar to see the list of categories on your community. It will then show you a list:

3. Select all the categories that belong to your knowledge base and confirm the selection:

4. Now go back to the content dashboard overview page by clicking on the advanced filter button once again:

5. You can now see that the category filter has been applied. I’d recommend you to remove the filter for “date”, so that you can save this filter as a bookmark:

6. Now you just need to save the filter by clicking on the “+” icon next to the bookmark field.

By saving this filter as a bookmark, you can now easily check on helpfulness scores on e.g. a weekly basis. To check on the content helpfulness scores individually, you can check the list of “popular topics” in the bottom right corner - it has a column for content helpfulness. To expand the view to include all content, click on “view more”.

If you only are interested in votes placed within a specific period of time, of course you can still add a date filter on top.

Hope this helped!?

Hi @Julian

Thanks for your response. This was really helpful. 

I’ll have a word with our GA expert and see if he can build us a report. 

Thanks,

Nikhil