Question

Slack and inSided

• 9 December 2021
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Anyone successfully running a Slack community alongside and integrated with their inSided community? I’d love to hear how you have the two working together, have things setup. Feel free to DM me and we can set up some time to chat.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Very pertinent discussion @Scott Baldwin and I dont know why more of us are not already brainstorming...

Slack has always been the quick snack folks reach for when hunger strikes.

They always think of Slack for: Quick responses, putting out fire responses, quick exchanges and I can completely understand why Slack channels get created inspite of everyone knowing their inabilities to scale.

As much as I don’t want to build Programs on Slack as the Cmgr, I end up having to to join the party because v soon all my champ users are on some Slack channel and activity has taken off.

Key gaps to be addressed for real collaboration to ensure people feel confident using inSided to have  need of the hour convos, as well as long term easy paced ones...

@Alex Campos , @Joris 

Our members are speaking clearly in that they love the access to the longevity of content and accessibility you get with a forum, but miss the immediacy of a synchronous tool like Slack. I’ve already told as many folks as I can at inSided that they need to close this gap, make it easier to draw people back into the community to engage. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Exactly Scott. Let’s keep up the dialogue to get traction on these basic building blocks with inSided.

Badge +1

I wrote some of my thoughts here ?