Solved

Regular login when SSO is enabled

• 8 September 2022
  • 9 replies

I have a question regarding users who leave their orgs and want to maintain their user name and history.

We currently have SSO enabled which allows them to login.  If I manually reset their password, can they simply log in as that user bypassing SSO?  

Otherwise, we need a way to change his user credentials so he is the same person when he gets a new email address.

icon

Best answer by leo-inspired 12 September 2022, 12:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @mstruening

It is possible to log in with a password bypassing the SSO - you’d need to reset the user’s password and send to them. You can also update the user’s email address.

Another option is if the user logs in with a new email, you could copy the SSO field of the new account and update it on the old account - this will allow the user to keep the old account with all their data, replies etc while having the new email address so they can still log in with the SSO with their new email.

If that’s not clear let me know and I can send you a video or some screenshoots on how to do this. Also feel free to message our support at support@insided.com if you have any other questions.

Thanks, @leo-inspired !

To confirm, when you say the SSO field, do you mean the OpenIDConnect field?

For us, that’s just their email address.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That is correct @mstruening - do you not have this field in addition with the email address?

Those should be two separate field which you can make changes in both. 

We have an OpenIDConnect field, but for our users the entry is just their e-mail.

Would I replace this with their new e-mail address?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The OpenID field is for the SSO, so it the field is blank, it means the user didn’t register with SSO.

I would just replace the email address as you said, that would be the best option here - the user won’t even have to reset the password, they can just use the old one.

Ok, we will give that a shot.

@leo-inspired , quick follow up.  What about people who have 2 accounts: old email and new?

If I replace the new email into the old account SSO field, will that cause any issues since 2 accounts would have the same email/SSO content?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @mstruening, I believe the platform won’t allow this as it will say there’s already an email registered. What you can do is update the new email to something like mstruening+1@gmail.com then update the new email into the old account while also updating the SSO field from the new to the old account. Does this make sense?

Could you maybe create a ticket with our support at support@insided.com ? I believe it will be better so I can share you some screenshots showing the steps on how to do this on your control with an user example.

This is what I figured, just add a suffix to the existing one.

Our user who is in this boat and I are going to do it live once he has a new email.

If it does NOT work, I’ll open a case.

Thanks!