Solved

Is there a way to style badge notification emails?

Hi there! It looks like badge awarded notification emails are plain text. For consistency, I’d prefer to style them the way you can for other alerts under Email > System Emails. Is there a way to do so? 

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 27 July 2022, 13:59

View original

6 replies

Hey,

If there is, I haven’t seen it on my community :(

Assuming all the automated badge emails are sent like ours are, being sent to users through the community domain into their community inbox and not their private one, as it stands, I doubt you’d be able to edit it.

Thinking outside of the box. There may be a way to define these by using custom CSS from a development resource, but I would expect the email domain would then need to be sent to the users registered email address, and not through the community. InSided might need to reply and say if this is possible..

I’d be keen to hear an answer however. 

Good luck :) 

Thanks! We’ll consider sending these as direct messages instead of email notifications for now, but I styling the email notifications is definitely what I’m after in the long run. Appreciate your insight! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @megan & @Stuart.cruttenden 👋,

The email notification for badges does actually accept HTML and CSS so you are able to style them similarly to your other system emails. The issue we have is previewing this as you make changes, as it is indeed only a text field where you can edit this.

I would recommend that you use the notification template from other notifications (e.g, “new reply”) and use this template to create a notification email that follows the styling of all other email notifications your community sends out.

You can then set this badge type to manual and then award this to yourself or your internal team to check the end result. If you want to check how the email looks as you are editing it then I would advise using an online HTML editor such as https://html-online.com/editor/.

Bear in mind that the following are the available variables for badge email notifications:

{user-name}
{badge-name}

Hope this helps!

Oh very cool!! Thanks so much for the response. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@jadkins.iiq @Hannah Bailey Hey team! Wanted to share this thread with you to help answer your question regarding badge email notification styling (similar to system email styling). 

thanks @jnakano ! I literally just saw this about an hour ago so going to give it a go.