Question

In-Person User Groups - Functionality to support

• 21 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We have a closed customer community and are going to launch inperson user groups - does anyone use Insided Functionality to support this?

We are looking at using Meetup Pro to manage this, is anyone doing something different?

1 reply

Userlevel 2

@KellyBebenek I’ve used Meetup, SplashThat, and Bevy in the past. At the time, Bevy was the best solution (IMO) on the market for user groups but I haven’t been a customer for some years now and can’t speak to that being true in 2023. This was partly because the former were not built with the intent to host enterprise community meetups. What you might gain from meetup is discoverability. You might acquire attendees you wouldn’t otherwise.

I did some initial work to map out the user group experience in our newly launched community. I was going to make use of private Groups and then Group Tags to create the segments (i.e. Region, Vertical, Language). The groups would be private so when you created an event it would be posted to the private group only. We’d then provide either Zoom or lu.ma to the group so host the online meeting. Since your meetups are in person you would skip that step. You’d then filter by group in analytics to get #s you needed.

What is Meetup pro providing you that groups on Insided are not? What do your user group leaders prefer?