Solved

How do I change the spoiler text?

Badge

How do I change the default spoiler text? If it’s a phrase, could someone please share the Module and Key with me?

Ours looks like this, but I noticed on this inSpired community, “Show content” has been changed to “Learn more!” I’d like to do the same.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Julian 1 May 2020, 13:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I noticed on this inSpired community, “Show content” has been changed to “Learn more!” I’d like to do the same.

That was me… :)

Here what you need to enter:

Module Common
Key bb.spoiler.show-content

Let me know if it worked!

Badge

That worked. Thank you, @Julian!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Julian 

How do you do that exactly?

Where do I change the setting?

Cheers :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Good question, sorry, usually I link to FAQs that explain this step-by-step so that everyone can follow. :)

You will need to add this as a new "Phrase”in the Customization settings. Simply go to [Customization] - [Phrases] in your Control Environment, and then click on "add Phrase” in the top-right corner:

In the next screen, you will then need to add the codes above so that the platform knows which text you'd like to change:

Under "Singular” you can then add what you’d like to have as the text. You can ignore “Plural”, as this only applies if there is a plural form of this phrase (e.g. topic / topics).

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sounds good! Thank you for the detailed instructions. I’ll try it out!

That would apply to alll spoilers in my community, right?
There would be no way to customize the spoiler button text individually by post, right?

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Yes, this applies to all spoilers on the community.

I was thinking maybe you can tweak this via custom CSS so that, depending on the category, other text is being displayed. That would be the only option but I cannot say for sure if that is possible, unfortunately.

Hi @Julian, I tried this but am not seeing the changes. Did I do something wrong or does it take time to adjust?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I think you simply added this phrase in the wrong order. 🙂 If I check our phrase, it looks like this:

Please delete (or ignore) this phrase and then enter a new one, but make sure to add it in the right fields.

By the way, I also found another phrase which is related to this one, maybe also relevant for you @Daniele Cmty: There is also a phrase for the text to close a spoiler after opening it:

Module: Common

Key: bb.spoiler.hide-content

Thank you @Julian that was it! :)