Solved

Hidden phrases for login

• 25 May 2021
  • 8 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I’m trying to customize some phrases on my private community registration page following the instructions listed here:

I was able to get everything working except I cannot get the login link to appear.

The instructions state the following:

Login link
Module: Common
Key: common.visibility.private.link.login

Is the Module and Key shared incorrect? Any ideas as to how to get this login link to appear?

icon

Best answer by Jeanie Lee 27 May 2021, 17:46

View original

8 replies

Scott, the log in button appears for me when I am on the Productboard login page. Are you still experiencing issues?

@Jeanie Lee according to the article where it talks about private registration pages, the link should be appearing here (see red box above the employee login button) with that Module and Key enabled, but it doesn’t.

This is on the /private/register page.

I can see the login link at the bottom, but that’s not where the article indicates it should appear.

Here’s how I think this should be working:

• on /private/login it should be prompting me to login as the primary CTA (either via the employee login, the Google login, or with my username/password) and provide a path to register if I’m not already. That’s why I have the text as “Already have an account? Select a login option or enter your username/password.” and a link at the bottom to “Forgot Password” and  “Create an account”.  As I have it configured this is works fine.
  • on /private/register (which you get to by clicking “create an account”) it should be prompting me to register as the primary CTA and giving me a way to get back to login if I am already registered. So here I would a header that says “Create an Account”, I would not be expecting to see login buttons for employee login and Google SSO, with the account registration and custom fields (username, email, first, last, dropdown, and password), the terms of use checkbox and button and links below that to to “Forgot Password” and  “Log in”.

Hi Scott, 

As your community is in a private mode the setup of phrases is a bit different. We were able to correct this in your control environment. It also looks like we need to update our documentation. 

‘Already have an account?’ and ‘Login’ are two separate phrases. I’ll send you a Private message with a link to these phrases in your Control environment

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Scott Baldwin 

I’m having similar…… difficulties. 

If a member of our community gets a private message, but they’re logged out of the forum when they click on the notification email, they see this:

This is ugly. It’s bad copy for someone who’s clicked on a link we’ve sent them. 

In order to edit this page, I have to manually add the phrase: 

error.forbidden.anonymous

But I can only edit the copy, in Control e.g:

To change the appearance I need to build custom CSS. To see the appearance of the copy I write, I need to get sent a PM from someone logged out. 

If I’m wrong with any of this, please can you let me know, @Jeanie Lee @Julian ?

Otherwise, would you agree this isn’t the best journey for self serving appearance changes on the platform? 

Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks,
Tim

@timcavey we just customized the text that appears there so it now reads as:

This uses this phrase:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Scott Baldwin - looking at your screenshot, where can you confirm the header copy 

‘Access required’ 

?

@timcavey 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for this! 

I’ve been given one (different) hidden phrase to use. Could someone from Insided please let me know which two phrases I need to have to edit the copy of the header and body for this page>

Thanks for advance, @Jeanie Lee @Julian @matt (sorry if that’s the wrong Matt :)