Question

Can you add the KB cards to a category page?

• 1 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I see how to add specific KB articles to the top of the curated list on a category page - but is there a way to:

Have KB articles appear in the recent activity feed on a category page

Add the KB Card to the top of a specific category page (could be parent or subcategory)

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

currently, there is no way to have KB content appear in the activity feed of a category. Main challenge here would be that you need to link a KB category to a community category in order for this to work. But I could see the benefit of having something like this, also as an integration in category search!

You could maybe add custom CSS code to display a KB card at the top of a category page. But I see a value of supporting something like this for all customers. As we are looking into adding more customization options to also this page, I find this great feedback. Adding in @Yoeri so that he is aware of this.

You could also think about highlighting the KB category as a sidebar widget. I think this way you would save some space at the top of the category and allow easier browsing...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks Julian :) 

Why would you want to have this? Overtime the recent activity feed will push out KB articles, that’s why we offer you the possibility to highlight topics above the stream :)

Add the KB Card to the top of a specific category page (could be parent or subcategory)

We’ve heard this more often, and as Julian mentioned we are considering adding a ‘customization’ mode for (parent) category pages as well. This would allow you to add widgets and configure the sidebar like you can currently do on the homepage :)

Badge

Thanks Julian :) 

Why would you want to have this? Overtime the recent activity feed will push out KB articles, that’s why we offer you the possibility to highlight topics above the stream :)

We’ve heard this more often, and as Julian mentioned we are considering adding a ‘customization’ mode for (parent) category pages as well. This would allow you to add widgets and configure the sidebar like you can currently do on the homepage :)

This would solve a challenge I recently shared with @olimarrio @Haiko and team related to multi-product communities and the ability to customize categories per product/usecase.