Solved

Bulk registering new users

• 4 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Is there any way for me, as the community manager, to register new users and then pass their credentials along to the customers? We want to try to get a bunch of our new onboarding customers into the community without them having to go and register themselves. We just want to hand them their username and password. Trying to take that step out of it for them.

icon

Best answer by Onomatopoeia 5 November 2021, 10:44

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi @Eden Hansing - depending on where you are in the world, you may run into some legal trouble doing this. A few reasons:

• Providing a customer with a password creates a security risk
  • The customer doesn’t have an opportunity to consent to their data being stored or processed by the InSided platform before their details are used to create an account
  • The customer doesn’t have an opportunity to read and agree to your Community terms and conditions before joining - which could harm their legal validity later

I’m also on the same journey of trying to introduce our Community during onboarding, and the safest / most impactful way of doing it I’ve found is to:

1. Introduce the benefits of the Community during an onboarding session
  2. Provide social proof of those benefits - ideally given by customers who use the Community from the same industry / sector / profession as the person being onboarded
  3. Use InSided’s contact upload functionality to invite the user to join the Community immediately after the onboarding session is done

Not quite nailed this process yet, but what we’ve done so far is working well.

Good luck!