Training

Moderation Training (E-learning course)

• 27 November 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 884 replies

We have launched a new version of our Moderator training course, for all out there who are new to the inSided platform (or want to refresh their knowledge).

The course is intended to help new Moderators understand their responsibilities and their contribution to the success of your community.

Go to the training

Some things you want to know:

• Taking the Moderator Training takes 1-2 hours
  • If you register, you will be able to pause & continue the training at a later date 

Of course we would like you to share your feedback with us - which things did you like / dislike, or is there anything you are missing?

We wish you a lot of fun during the training!

Cheers, Julian

----------

Last Updated: May 9, 2023

21 replies

Hi, @Julian

Add please for Community Kyivstar
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I will add that on monday. Just for one Moderator, or more Moderators?
I will add that on monday. Just for one Moderator, or more Moderators?

Ok, for four Moderators
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Great, will do that!
Badge
Hi @Julian!

We'll have a big punch of new moderators starting in our team within the next 2 months. Earlier we haven't used this moderator training, but now we are considering using this. Is it possible for me and @Patomiäs to have an access to this training material for a longer period than 30 days?

Thanks in advance ☺️
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

good question!

We are actually working on a new Moderator training environment at the moment, which will allow you to re-take the training as long as you wish. :)

I will share the updated training here starting next week, then you will be able to have a look yourself!

Cheers,

Julian
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

as promised, here our new Moderation Training!

You can simply join by clicking on this link. No activation code needed. :)

The training is "fresh out of our kitchen", we are still optimizing smaller things here and there. So please let us know if there's anything.

I will update all links in this topic soon as well.

Regards,

Julian
Badge
Hi @Julian!

Thanks for the update :)

I see that you can attend this training either logged in or anonymously. Is there a difference in the experience if you take the training anonymously?

Thanks,

Suvi
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

good question!

If you do the training anonymously, then you will not be able to continue the training where you left (in case you stopped the course and closed the window).

As far as I know this is the only difference.

Cheers,

Julian
Hi,

Did not pass the test yet, but I took a look at the training and it's super cool. Thanks for this new tool!

Cheers!

Tiou
Userlevel 1
Badge
Really nice, @Julian ! Good job on this one 😃 I've sent a link to the language mods for them to get a refresher. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Thanks a lot, happy to hear that you and @Tiou like it! :)

Just FYI I also have a Community Management Training for you, should you also desire a refresher... 😛
Badge

Hi @Julian! We expect to onboard our first moderator within the next week. The moderator training still explains how to use the ‘old’ control environment. Are there plans in the near future to update this to the new control environment (which I’m still figuring out how to use myself :upside_down: )? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi! 🙂 Happy to hear you are able to expand your team with a new Moderator!

Yes, we are currently in the process of revamping and updating all of our training materials. Of course this is a bigger item on our to-do list, together with our Community Manager training.

Unfortunately, I am afraid we will not be able to have everything updated by next week. However I can try to find the time to update the most essential bits and pieces, so that your new Moderator will not miss out on some of the latest improvements!

Badge

Thank you for your quick reply and help, @Julian. Our moderator will start training next Monday, September 28 so now you have an extra week! :laughing:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for updating me, that is giving me comfort as I did not find the time to do some updates just yet. I will do my best to get the most relevant things updated by monday then.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve just discovered these E-learnings, and with a new mod set to join the team as early as next week, it’s very handy! *totally going to do the community manager E-learning course as well*

However, I’m unable to pass the first section, this question seems to have a bogus correct answer, @Julian:

Page 6 of 6

Roles of a Moderator

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Happy to hear that you find the course valuable! 

Thanks also for flagging this issue. Quite weird, I also cannot get the correct answer in. I have disabled this for now and will re-do this question later. :)

Badge

@timcavey can you try not to catch all the bugs before I get a chance? :joy:

But yeah, I’ve had my eye on this for a while. I hope no-one minds if I completely obliterate it with my sledgehammer. Hehehe

@Julian is there any Admin training? Or any materials to cover the additional responsibility of an Admin over a CM? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing your question here. We do not have a dedicated Admin training, mostly because an Admin is not necessarily a different person than the Community Manager:

On many communities, the Community Manager actually own the Administrator role, as they are the person in charge and want to be able to quickly adjust things if necessary. I usually see dedicated Admins only for very technical tasks, after the onboarding they are just sporadically active to e.g. update analytics settings.

As these Administrators are also often different colleagues with different goals, we feel that offering individual articles focussed on specific use cases is better than a global training that covers everything. Some “light” Admin tasks surely are also covered in the Community Manager training, but everything that requires technical knowledge we did not include and created dedicated guides.

I have checked with some onboarding materials which we use and have found this division of (onboarding) tasks. I feel that the column for IT / Developers comes close to what I would regard as Admin tasks.

Some of them (like setting up the DKIM records for email notifications) might not be as relevant after the launch of your community, but in general it should offer an example of the division of tasks and responsibilities between Community Managers and Admins.

If you have more questions or specific challenges, than I am more than happy to help you further!