[Update] Test now – Homepage recommendations and configurable homepage streams

• 11 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Gainsight Employee: Golden Ruler
  • 345 replies
Update 19 February: Functionalities mentioned in this topic are available

Sometimes we get to hear that all homepages look the same. We've been working on homepage functionalities to configure your homepage in a more different way. As of today we deployed two functionalities to your staging environments for you to test: Homepage recommendations and Configurable homepage tabs.

Homepage recommendations

Highlight the most important content for your users on your homepage in basic recommendations lists. You know best which content is the most viewed and/or helps your users the best. Give that content extra attention by highlighting it on your homepage.

Example of Homepage recommendations

What can I do with this feature?

• Enable/disable visibility
  • Manually add and remove topics that you want to highlight on your homepage
  • Reorder the position of topics that are displayed

Configurable homepage tabs

Rename, reorder and toggle the visibility of the tabs displayed on your homepage. We'll add configuration options in Control that allow you to change the setup of the Categories, Recently active and Help others tab.

Configuration options in Control

Are you using quick links for your categories? Better not put the category tab as first tab. Want to focus your homepage on what's going on? Activate the Recently active tab as first tab. Are you happy with your current setup, that's fine – you don't have to change anything. 🙂

What can I do with this feature?

• Rename tabs
  • Reorder tabs
  • Enable/disable the tab (toggle visibility)

How to get started

Both functionalities have been deployed to you staging environment. This way you can test it out and configure it before we go public. Go to Control > Forum settings > Homepage to see the new functionalities.

When will this be available in my production environment?

Monday 18 February these functionalities will be available for your production environments.

My sticky topics look different on staging 🤔

Good catch, they do look different (like they do here on inSpired). We're working on new highlighting options for your category pages. This is a test – we won't change your sticky topics UI on your production environment. We'll share more news on this later..

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
The functionalities mentioned above are now available!

Head over to Control > Forum Settings > Homepage to get started. We prepared the following how-to's to get you started: