Solved

Can members browse a list of other members?

• 25 April 2019
  • 6 replies

We've just started and one early user is asking if she can "get to know" the other users by at least seeing a list of who has joined.

As far as I can tell, members can only find each other by clicking the user name on a post or leader board to see one profile, but can't search or browse a list. Is that right?
icon

Best answer by Julian 26 April 2019, 10:41

View original

6 replies

Badge
I know that our members (specifically our power users) would love this feature. They like to know who's on the community at all times. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi,

we currently only show the recently active users on the homepage (top right, under the homepage banner).

As far as I know we do not offer a full list of users because there is a concern that it could be easily abused (e.g. to spam private messages to all users). But I will share this feedback with the product team, so that they know about this!

About searching users:

I actually would also like to be able to search for users via the search bar, here I see a stronger use case / advantage in general. Will discuss it as well and share feedback once I receive it.

Cheers,

Julian
Since a list isn't an option, you might have luck with an "introduce yourself" topic in the community for newcomers to e-meet each other.
Badge +1

@Julian Is there an idea for this so we can keep track of status? It’d be super useful to either have a member search page (list of members with profile field options to narrow down results) or have profiles show up in main search nav. 

Badge

I could have sworn that this was an idea...

Badge

Found it 

https://community.insided.com/ideas/219