Change the publish date of topics

Related products: None

On our community, we sometimes write and publish a huge amount of new topics. These are temporally hidden behind a invisible category, written, reviewed and finally the whole category will be published for all users. Our latest example of this is the Formula 1 category, where my colleague Michael did a lot of work.

On our Community we also have a 'latest topics' selection. Many users use this to reply to the latest topics. The topics in the new category are written a few days ago. Because of this they will not show in the selection of latest topics. That is why we want to adjust the publish date of any topic to mark them as 'new'.

This way we can indirectly influence the latest topics and increase the user flow to topics we want.

A workaround is to make the topics on the date we want it our content to become 'live'. Tough this is quite a huge job containing a large amount of copy and pasting, recreating tags, assigning topic, deleting the old topics etc etc.

Wordpress.org has the option to do this when logged into the back-end. I'll add an image below to show what i mean.

9b6e66ff-9503-40e7-91f0-4c5ef8285849.png

Our use case for this would be to migrate some of our historical product updates into an Announcement section. We don’t want to spam the ‘Recently Active’ feed on the home page and it would make it easier than carefully publishing each post in the correct order. 

I have a similar usecase as @ryan_k. We need to migrate a lot of old articles to Insided from a website that will soon be turned off. 

Not be able to set the publish date makes it more difficult to migrate, as we now need to do it in the right order. Also it looks really stupid to have 30 articles published within 5 days.

Are there any updates or plans to add a “change the date” feature?

My use case:

There is an older post that I want to highlight in the topic banner for our homepage. It’s a post from 2 months ago that promotes a new user group. I’d like to promote this post to push visibility around this new group but because the banner states:

“Article title. Author. Date posted.”

, it immediately tells the viewer that the post is from 2 months ago, which may look like it was either accidentally added to the banner or there hasn’t been much activity since two months ago and neither of those is true!

Is there any way around this, other than just publishing a new post?

Thank you!!