Solved

Duplicated Event: Status does not change to "published" and adding event to featured topics widget does not work?

Userlevel 3
  • Veteran Rookie
  • 67 replies

Hello!

I just discovered this:

I duplicated an event (the new feature) in Control. (First, I couldn’t find the duplicate/draft, because draft events are on the bottom/in last page of the entire list in the event overview😅)

After I published the duplicated (and slightly updated) event, it was still marked as draft in Control.
I double checked and hit “publish now” several times.
The event was already displayed in the upcoming events tab in the community, but the status was still “draft” in Control. Only after a while, the status was “published”.

→ how long does it take to change the status in Control? 

Then, I wanted to add this event to the featured topic widget on the home page, as usual. But it cannot be found. I checked several times. Even if I paste the entire correct name, I cannot add the event to this widget:

→ is there a solution to this? Does it take a while, too? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Sebastian 17 May 2024, 17:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks @Eva, looking into this as we speak! 

Userlevel 3

Thanks, Sebastian

Addition:
I just tested in staging environment: the status changes immediately, but the duplicated event cannot be found in the featured topic widget as well. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Sebastian,

I just tried to add the duplicated event into the featured topics widget on the home page again  → it worked 🥳

Userlevel 3

Thanks @Eva, looking into this as we speak! 

Hi Sebastian,
have you found out something?

I just published another duplicated event. After publishing it was still in draft mode, even when I re-published it (until I refreshed the site). But it’s displayed in the upcoming events, so all good.

The main issue again:
I cannot add this event to the featured topic widget on the home page for everyone to see.
I will try again later. 

Thanks!
​​​​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Eva! We’ve just deployed a fix that solves the problem. Can you try again? Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Userlevel 3

Thanks, I tried it today at around 10 a.m. German time and it worked then 👍
Have a great weekend too!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Awesome!