Clicking into a post in "show more activity" loses your place in the list

Related products: CC Community

A community member pointed out that if they click the “Show more activity” button on a view such as “Recent activities” (on the homepage), and then click into a specific post, when they click back they’ve lost their place in the activity list. So, ideally if you click Show more activity 3x, then click a specific post, and then go back, it should return you to the 3rd page of activities. 

Updated idea statusOpenClosed (Parked)

Thank you for posting this idea. We have made the decision to park it for now because it didn’t get a lot of votes and replies.

Hi @Cristina

I’m an active member in our community and the ability to to go back to the area to work on my next post will lead to better experience, saves time, and doesn’t give me motion sickness when I have to scroll many time to get the next post.  

Is this something that can be implement?

Thank you for posting this idea. We have made the decision to park it for now because it didn’t get a lot of votes and replies.

This is sad, why so less votes? This is annoying issue.

I honestly never thought of this problem because whenever I open a new post, I always open it in a new tab.. so the position is saved in the original tab :)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the norm in almost all websites, right? If you close the current page, you will be redirected & lose your scrolling/loading progress.

So it’s recommendable to open any post in a new tab (takes 0 extra effort) if you are planning to come back to the activity feed.
Did I understand this idea correctly? :)

I honestly never thought of this problem because whenever I open a new post, I always open it in a new tab.. so the position is saved in the original tab :)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this is the norm in almost all websites, right? If you close the current page, you will be redirected & lose your scrolling/loading progress.

So it’s recommendable to open any post in a new tab (takes 0 extra effort) if you are planning to come back to the activity feed.
Did I understand this idea correctly? :)

No no, no new tabs 🙂 You are hc user so you open links to new tab but random or average user maybe even doesnt know how to use tabs.