Solved

One Year Member Badge

• 1 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi All - This takes a bit of manual work, but I think it’s worthwhile. We do a “one year member” badge in our community. 

I do it on a monthly basis, rather than daily. At the end of each month, I run a user report, selecting the dates for one year ago (July 1, 2021-July 31, 2021), then export. In excel, I copy/paste the username into a separate tab and do =a1&”,” in the next column. Drag it to the bottom and you’ll end up with the username + the comma (which you need to do the award badge). 

I think copy/paste 50 at a time into the award badge area and well, award the badge. Quite a few profiles aren’t active after a year, but every month I do this, I receive messages back, generally with a “thank you, this is a great resource” - from people who I don’t see posting on the site. 

It’s just a nice way to try to re-engage members. It’s quite a bit of manual work, but really doesn’t take me a lot of time. If you see a better way to do this, I’m all for it - but for the time being, I thought maybe someone else could use this idea!

icon

Best answer by olimarrio 2 August 2022, 14:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Kgastaldo 👋,

I think this is a really nice way of re-activating dormant users on your community and it’s great to hear you’ve had positive results from this. However, what’s not great to hear is the amount of manual work it takes to achieve this.

Luckily, we have something in the pipeline which will help take these added processes away. You will soon be able to carry out a set of bulk actions, including awarding badges, from the User Overview in Control. When combined with the new filters that are available on this dashboard, you will be able to segment your user base and for example, award badges to users that had registered on the community at a certain time:

I expect this to be released within the next 2 months but please make sure you are subscribed to our Product Updates to make sure you don’t miss anything! 

Badge +1

Love this @olimarrio - thank you!