How to send yourself a private message!

• 21 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hiya!

This is the first of (possibly many!) tips and tricks on inSpired. The one I’m sharing is how to use a little known feature on the inSided platform - the ability to send yourself a PM.

If you like this and want to see it become an official feature, please also upvote my related idea.

And don’t worry, the email address and name in seen in that video are made up - you can’t catch me that easily! XD

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A feature in Slack I use alot.

Bookmark the url and you have immediate access to your own internal dialogue. 

Thanks @Blastoise186 !!

Badge

Hehehe, yup! I accidentally set this as a Question by mistake, so I’ll mark it as solved until someone can convert it for me (don’t want to fill up that queue too much!).

There’s also a reason for that desktop background. All I’ll say is that I have the same laptop that Alan Walker uses. :)

Oh, and if anyone’s interested, I used OBS Studio to record that video with. You can get it from https://obsproject.com and there’s also guides on how to use it over there as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Converted!!

Thanks again!!

Badge +3

Userlevel 1
Badge

I loved that first PM to yourself, (present)@Blastoise186 🤣

Also a good way for anyone who isn’t in Control to test that they’re getting PM email notifications...

Badge

Hehehe. Yup, it’s something I discovered on the OVO Forum two years ago - I think I was trying to find a way to break PM’s or something and score a bug report out of it. Something like that (Tim knows me too well!).

But yeah, probably wouldn’t be too hard to make it an official feature. It mostly exists already! XD