Solved

Former Employee - Custom Role & Gamification

• 1 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Like any org, we have a bit of turnover. To cut down on the frustration caused by messaging or at mentioning someone who no longer works for the company, we’ve created a “former employee” role. 

I have a custom role called “former employee” that contains no more rights than a normal registered user. I don’t want to prevent former employees from using the site (as some eventually go on to work as customers/partners) and I don’t want to delete users and have lots of “anonymous” content floating around. 

When an employee leaves, I remove their employee custom role and replace with former employee custom role. 

I also added a rank to our gamification (at every level) to include “Rank (Former Employee)” - so that you can still see their actual rank, but know they aren’t an employee anymore. These ranks have the same requirements with or without the former employee title - so you can be a “Hero” or “Hero - Employee” or “Hero - Former Employee” - and it’s displayed on your profile and in your posts:

icon

Best answer by leo-inspired 2 August 2022, 13:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @Kgastaldo , great to hear this method is working smoothly for you - that is exactly how our team at inSided recommend to do this for former employees. 

We actually have a tutorial that explains how to achieve this and some more information you might find useful

Userlevel 1

Thank you for sharing! Just used this as a guide to do some admin work on former employees. Love the way you set this up - especially in terms of retaining those formerly earned ranks.