Google SSO setup guide

• 9 November 2020
  • 6 replies

This document describes how to set up Google SSO for your community users on inSided.

Google SSO flow representation

How to Configure Google SSO on inSided

Create authorization credentials

To create a client ID and client secret, create a Google API Console project, set up an OAuth client ID, and register your Authorized redirect URI(s):

1. Go to the Google API Console.

2. From the project drop-down, select an existing project, or create a new one by selecting Create a new project.

3. In the sidebar under "APIs & Services", select Credentials, then click Configure consent screen.
    Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press Save.

4. In the Credentials tab, select the Create credentials drop-down list, and choose OAuth client ID.

5. Under Application type, select Web application.

6. Configure your Authorized redirect URI(s):

1. EU Production url: https://sso.api.insided.com/auth/google/return

2. US Production url: https://sso-us-west-2.api.insided.com/auth/google/return

3. Staging url: https://sso.api.almostinsided.com/auth/google/return

After configuration is complete, take note of the client ID that was created. You will need the client ID to complete the next steps.

Configuration on inSided

1. Log in to Control as an Administrator
  2. Go to Integrations > SSO > Google
  3. Fill in the following fields:
    • Client ID*

• Client Secret*
      *  Indicates required fields

4. Press Install

Once you’ve installed your configuration, we recommend using the built-in inSided SSO testing tool before you enable SSO for end users, to make sure everything is working as expected.

6 replies

I am unable to change the title of the button. It is showing sso.google.login.title. I tried changing it from the phrases but the changes are not reflecting in the page.

I am unable to change the title of the button. It is showing sso.google.login.title. I tried changing it from the phrases but the changes are not reflecting in the page.

I am also unable to change the phrases for SSO, The SSO documentation should have listed phrase changes too.

Hi @prs @sga!

I see you have solved it for your community in the meantime, but here are the steps:

1. In your Control environment, go to Customization > Phrases > Add Phrase
  2. Fill in the following:
    • Module: Common
    • Key: sso.google.login.title
    • Translations - Singular: Your desired phrase, like “Login with Google”
  3. Save changes

Guys, our implementation is only working for emails from our company's domain. Is there any documentation that guides us on how to implement this login method for any Google account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gustavo_blip 

Can you check this setting in your SSO application? Looks like you just need to set it as an external application rather than an internal one.

Hi @gustavo_blip 

Can you check this setting in your SSO application? Looks like you just need to set it as an external application rather than an internal one.

Thank you, Reva, it worked perfectly!