Solved

Surveys for a few different user groups

• 12 August 2016
  • 2 replies

HI,

A customer of mine would like to send a survey to a different user groups due to the complex structure of their company:

- a survey should be sent to a few different departments,

- some department will be using different language than English,

- some department will have a slightly different set of questions (there are 10 questions on total, some department will be sent only 7 questions).

Should I do it one survey or there should be a separate survey for each user group?

If I have one survey created for one group for September, then I would like to do the same survey for a different group of users in October - do I use exactly the same survey and do it there? Or should I duplicated the existing survey?
icon

Best answer by marie_wilkerson 25 August 2016, 19:22

View original

2 replies

Hi Emilia, 

We can certainly accommodate the desire to send separate surveys to different departments. Quick question: how do you plan on identifying which contacts go with which department?

Please find answers to the rest of your questions below.

Q: Some department will be using different language than English,

A: Use our multilingual surveys. I would create one survey for each language depending on the department. 

Q: Some department will have a slightly different set of questions (there are 10 questions on total, some department will be sent only 7 questions)

A: Yes, I recommend using a different survey for each department especially if you want different questions for each department.

Q: If I have one survey created for one group for September, then I would like to do the same survey for a different group of users in October - do I use exactly the same survey and do it there? Or should I duplicated the existing survey?

A: You would need to duplicate the survey for your October users. If you don't clone the survey, the responses will all show up from the same survey. 

Please let me know if this information is helpful. I will also follow up via email.

Thank you!

Marie
Thanks Marie for the detailed explanation. For the last question

If I have one survey created for one group for September, then I would like to do the same survey for a different group of users in October - do I use exactly the same survey and do it there? Or should I duplicated the existing survey?

Marie is right in her explanation. However, you maybe be okay and prefer seeing all responses in the same survey. It's pretty easy to view the data over time. With this release, if you want to filter based on something on the contact table (e.g. department) that would be possible as well.