Any discussion of allowing Rules Engine case-sensitive setting to be turned off in query on demand?

Related products: None

This has come up once or twice over the last few months for me, and although I don't want to upgrade it to an idea yet, interested to know if we've talked about the fact that Rules Engine is case sensitive on all text strings (at least as far as I can see).

Has there been any discussion about changing this? Adding a checkbox similar to the "check for nulls" box on each filter to allow the user to suppress case-sensitivity?

I promised Cisco I would ask, and I thought I remembered this coming up in a roadmap or release discussion, so chime in, anybody with thoughts or knowledge of any plans along this line.

Thanks!
Hi Scott,

With fall release, we are introducing a set of string formula functions in the Transformation task of Bionic Rules which includes ToUpperCase() and ToLowerCase() as well.

Using these functions , you can ensure that your filter is comparing an uppercase/lowercase text to another uppercase/lowercase text.

Regards,

Jitin
I like the solution - the only downside is an extra task between my fetch and either my action or my merge, but the additional flexibility vs a checkbox is nice - look forward to seeing it!
Hi Scott, 

If you merge two datasets on a string field, you will get an option to check for case sensitivity when configuring the task. 

Regards,

Jitin