Question

What's the best way to livestream events in the community?

• 30 March 2020
  • 2 replies

We’d like to host live events in the community that can be accessed by our members conveniently from within the community UI. What’s the best way to do this? Is there a Zoom or similar integration / plug-in?

2 replies

Badge

I’ve never done it myself but maybe YouTube Livestreaming is the way to go. You can easily embed the YouTube stream into any content in the community and no user would need any additional tools or addons to watch it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

I have to agree with Bjoern that Youtube Livestreaming probably is the best way to do this for you and your users.

A Zoom Integration would be nice I think, this is currently not supported for embedding, however I have my doubts if this would work - as far as I can see users would still need a Zoom plugin in their browser and an account.

With Youtube Livestreaming your users can easily join, video quality is high and everybody knows how to use it. I think you can also choose to set the stream to private so that people can only see it via the community (and if they happen to have the video url).