đŸ“ș Track your community traffic trends, with the Audience Dashboard

Related products: CC Analytics & Reporting

We often hear that you’re pulling traffic metrics from tools like Google Analytics to combine with community data from inSided for your monthly reporting.

To help you simplify your reporting, we’ve delivered a first step towards helping you understand your community traffic: the Audience Dashboard.

With the Audience dashboard you can:

:white_check_mark: Track page views on your community, to get a helicopter view of user behaviour trends.

:white_check_mark: Track unique visitors to your community, to understand how your audience is growing over time.

Check your community page views and unique visitors, without having to go to a tool like Google Analytics.

These metrics will be used to power our upcoming Engagement Dashboard and Monthly Active Customers metric - learn more below!

How are the Audience Dashboard metrics defined?

Page views

The total number of community pages loaded or reloaded in the selected time period. Page views from bots are automatically excluded.

Unique visitors

The total number of unique visitors within the selected time period, identified by tracking cookie. Both logged-in and anonymous visitors are included. Visits from different devices are counted as separate, unique visitors.

Our metrics are filtered for bots. We see that when compared to tools such as Google Analytics, our metrics have a definitive correlation, although they typically report higher numbers. This difference can be attributed to the fact that a subset of users block Google Analytics using privacy-enhancing/ad-blocking browser extensions.

Any plans to improve the Audience Dashboard further?

• As a next step, we’re planning to add scorecards to the dashboard, so you can see the aggregate number of page views and unique visitors over a specific time period.
  • Other than that, we’re also considering (although it’s not planned yet) to add the ability for you to select the date interval (day/week/month) on the charts. Let me know in the feedback if you’d like to see this, and how it would help you.

Shout out to @Danila, who managed to submit an idea about this dashboard before I even published this product update 😅

Please let us know if you have any questions, feedback, or any other ideas to gain more insights about your community audience.

Hi @daniel.boon , where can I find this audience dashboard?

Hey @Gabolino - you can find it under Analytics > Dashboards in Control.

Hey @daniel.boon,

I found out about the new metrics yesterday when I made my monthly Community report. It’s a nice thing to have.

I’d be very interested to have the ability to select a time interval. That’s mainly because of high differences in page views and unique users I see in Goolge Analyctics and inSided metrics. I think that’s because of the cookie consent - we cannot track users who don’t allow GA to track them. So in my case I’d rather use the inSided metrics. And that’s why it’d be important to be able to select custom coustom time intervals.

BR,

Wolfgang

Thanks for the feedback @Wolfgang Hammer! What kind of custom intervals would you expect to be able to select?

I’d like to be able to select monthly and weekly intervals!

@daniel.boon is there any way to have the option for select user role on this dashboard, as well as an option to have the customer interval data compare to previous period or YAG?

Quick update: it’s now possible to see the total number of views / unique visitors via scorecards on the Audience Dashboard.

@justine.rae we don’t have any filters other than date available right now, but noted your feedback for future iterations! Your use case is to track your audience based on pricing tier, right? :)

@daniel.boon use case is to be able to filter this activity based on selected inSided user roles.

Is there a way to track ALL visits? I want to know the overall number of visits, not just unique visits. Â