Roadmap

Roadmap update 24

Related products: CC Community
Roadmap update 24

It is my great pleasure to share our roadmap update with the Community!

Previous months have been a time of intensive work on further improvement of the inSided product. We spent a great deal of time with our customers discussing and discovering the most welcomed features. This enabled us to shape further the roadmap and our plans for the coming months.

Our vision stays unchanged. We want to become a Customer Hub to scale digital engagement of your customers and help you create customer journeys that are more integrated and effective than ever before. To achieve it, we are prioritising initiatives in the areas of:

• Allowing to make your community a unified Customer Hub, as the front door for all your customer content and engagement.
  • Optimizing the customer hub user experience, for example with customization and personalization
  • Building tools to stimulate engagement of users of your community
  • Making work with your community easier and more effective by introducing automation features, improving user management and moderation
  • Constant improvement of the core of our platform and our tech stack to enable even better reliability, scalability and faster development of new features

Read on to check out all features and improvements that are coming up and a recap of the recent releases.

Coming up

Customization

New and improved widgets

Building compelling pages in your Community is key to attracting users, from visitors to registered users, and getting them engaged. To help you achieve that, we're offering some new and improved widgets to highlight content, calls to action, or further customize existing widgets. 

Widget library

We'll be offering a new widget library to help you navigate all of the widgets and find the one right for your page and audience. In this library, we'll categorize and visualize the different widgets so you can focus on picking the right one.

Show widgets based on user segments

We're seeing a growing trend in our customers offering tailored experiences to different personas. To help you achieve this, we'll deliver the ability to show specific widgets only to particular segments of users that you have defined. For instance, users who signed up less than seven days ago will have a 'CSM' job title.

User engagement

Email campaigns

Our email campaign tool will help you to engage with your community users, onboard newly registered users, and re-engage with those who were not active for a while. For example, send the latest news to your registered user base with a given user role or send an invite to those who were inactive for more than 30 days. These, and more, are the email campaign-related features we are working on for you. 

User management

Filter on all of your user's properties in the User overview

As the number of users in your Community grows, so does the amount of work managing users. We aim to make our customers' lives a lot easier by being able to filter all of the user properties, including custom user profile fields, so that you can get a better understanding of your user base right from the User overview.

Apply bulk actions to users

The feature enables community managers to quickly identify users matching specific criteria. The next step is to ensure that you can take those users and perform bulk actions on them, such as assigning them a role, adding them to a group, awarding a badge, or exporting them to a CSV file.

Create and save user segments

Our new segmentation feature will help you save a set of filters as a segment, so you can always keep track of the number of users within specific segments and view who's within that segment at the click of a button. Answering questions like 'Show me all my newbies' or 'Show me all users that haven't been active for more than 30 days’ will easier than ever.

Moderation improvements

Change author of published articles and product updates

Inevitably, community team members, at some point, will move on to explore other opportunities or roles. By changing the author of a helpful article, for example, you will be able to prolong the life of that content piece and be notified about new activity on that thread.

Furthermore, we know how much hard work goes into building good SEO scores for your communities. Deleting valuable content to repost would hurt the SEO, not to mention the users who subscribed to or had bookmarked a particular post. 

Ideation improvements

See who voted for an idea in Control

While reviewing and moderating ideas submitted in their Community, product managers may want to understand the different organizations interested in that particular idea. A quick way to do this would be to display the list of voters and their email addresses so that, at a glance, product managers could decide if they want to keep the idea open, ask for more context or park it for the time being. 

Subscribe to an idea when voting

To ensure that your community members are kept informed about any changes to an idea they voted for, they will become subscribed to the topic's notifications as soon as they vote. Users will be able to unsubscribe via the designated button on the topic page. 

Auto vote when submitting an idea

We heard your feedback, and we will be implementing the logic to count the vote of an idea submitter. This way, we ensure not to miss counting their organization into that idea's stats. 

Other improvements

Improvements to our product's core

As with any technology product, our platform evolved over the years to cover the emerging needs of companies to communicate better and help their customers. As a result, the core of our product has grown into different content types serving other modules, which inevitably, in some ways, create inconsistent experience and behavior. Although this requires effort spanning multiple quarters, we are executing with a high priority on our vision to achieve an excellent core domain. 

Released since the previous roadmap update

What do you think?

Which improvement resonates most with you, and why? Let us know in the comments!

This is a lot of really good stuff. Thank you!

This is the best roadmap update I’ve seen in my 18 months as a customer. it’s clear how these role up to the product vision (which has become much clearer in recent months). 

I love the balance of priorities. There are things that will improve the end user UX (the Ideas improvement), things that will improve the Community Manager experience (automation, segmentation, and so much more), and tools that will enable CMSs to improve the user experience through personalized experience (I’m a huge fan of the widgets by segment plan). 

I also want to celebrate the focus on improving the core. One pain point in the past has been inconsistencies between modules and features that have similar core functionality. I’m glad to hear that’s an area of focus (and improvements over the past year have helped clean that up).

I would emphasize this “consistent core” consideration as you build the widget library. I love the idea! My hope is that the all widgets will be available on all/most pages/modules that use widgets. For example, the KB overview, Community Overview, Ideation Overview, and Home page should be able to use all (or nearly all of) the same widgets. That’s a current inconsistency that can be a pain point at times. If each of those pages is customizable with the same widget options, you empower CMs to get creative and really fit the community experience to the needs of their community. 

A lot to be excited for on this post!

About the widgets, I would like to see the possibility to use different widgets in different pages (categories).

I hope in the future you develope the blogging features. Articles are super important for the users, they can get helpful info there, articles inspires them and so on. Articles drives traffic to the community as well.

But generally, your plans sounds good and I am looking forward to hear more!

All the “User management” stuff is awesome! 

About the widgets, I would like to see the possibility to use different widgets in different pages (categories).

I hope in the future you develope the blogging features. Articles are super important for the users, they can get helpful info there, articles inspires them and so on. Articles drives traffic to the community as well.

Thanks for your feedback @revote! Think you can share your idea for this in the Ideas section? I’d love to see if this gets more traction from other customers as well.  

These are great improvements, I can’t wait to see them in our instance!! 🎉 🎉

For the ideation improvements, “Subscribe to an idea when voting” and “Auto vote when submitting an idea” - will there be any kind of backfill to make those two cases true for posts that already exist in our communities? It would be wonderful for our posts with dozens/hundreds of voters who likely aren’t subscribed to be updated. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback @revote! Think you can share your idea for this in the Ideas section? I’d love to see if this gets more traction from other customers as well.  

Just make sure, do you mean both wishes or which one?

Hi @Laura D.! Thank you for your question! Extending the new improvements to existing ideas and voters is something we are looking into to include in order to maximise the value and impact on user (re-)engagement for ideas. It will ultimately come down to the extend of technical feasibility and ensuring data integrity. 

Thanks for the quick reply @Cristina, that makes sense. I’ll keep my fingers crossed :)

Thanks for your feedback @revote! Think you can share your idea for this in the Ideas section? I’d love to see if this gets more traction from other customers as well.  

Just make sure, do you mean both wishes or which one?

Hi @revote, I meant the blogging feature you meant 🙂 When sharing the idea in the Ideas section, I’d love to hear some use cases you have in mind for that. 

RE: Show widgets based on user segments

Any idea when this might be launched? I’m very much looking forward to this so we can better target members with content aimed at them.

Questions:

• Will this work for sidebar widgets AND the widgets you can add on the homepage?
  • Any sneak peeks available, to see what the UI might look like (and/or beta access before it’s launched)?
  • Any chance we’ll get the ability to not only change the author of an article, but the publish date? That would be super handy.

Thanks!