Product feedback dashboard improvement

Related products: CC Analytics & Reporting
Product feedback dashboard improvement

The product ideation dashboard just got better.

Ideas from your community strengthen your product and are precious data points for product teams.

We added two new features to the product feedback dashboard to ease the tracking of ideas.

1. A new ideation trends table, with a ranked list of ideas on the number of votes gathered
  2. A company filter

Why are you doing this?

Understanding the status of ideas that the users of your community submitted and filtering them to a specific company enables community or product managers to have a more granular view of their community's ideation. 

The ideation trends table allows a quicker understanding of the evolution of the status of an idea in a period.

Filtering for users of a specific customer (company) allows identifying better the ideas that matter to those users and trigger faster loops with product teams.

Where can I find this?

The ideation trends table is at the bottom of the Product Ideation dashboard.

Ideation trends without a company selected

Ideation trends with a company selected

The company filter is in the filtering section on top of the dashboard.

Company Filter

FAQs

Why don't I see any company (customer) when I try to use the filter?

Filtering for users at a customer (company) level is only possible if you have the SalesForce Integration to link community members to their organization. So if you don't have the SFDC integration enabled, we can't display the list of companies. If you want to allow SFDC integration, don't hesitate to contact us.

Why do I only see a small set of customers in the company filter drop-down?

The drop-down is limited to a maximum of the top 25 customers that created or voted for ideas.

You can still use the search option to filter for any of your customers.

Wait, but how can I see who created or voted for a specific idea?

Every idea in the ideation table links to the topic there, and you can see the details for a specific idea. 
In the next iteration, we will add color differentiation for ideas created or voted for by users from the selected company.

The company filter is excellent, but I need more filtering options. Which others are you considering?

We want to leverage the data that we have on the users of the community as much as possible. We are considering filtering for roles and badges, but we would love to hear from you. If you have suggestions, please add them to this ideation topic

Does this feature tackle any of the open ideas in the community?

This feature tackles some of the pain points highlighted in this idea. Although filtering for email addresses is not yet possible, it quickly highlights the ideas important for users of a specific customer.

What is next? Will we see this filter on other dashboards? 

We consider adding the company filter in other relevant dashboards like content, user, audience, self-service, and engagement. Let us know what you think in the comments.

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback or any questions you have about this release.

Hi there, this looks pretty interesting!
I couldn’t really find this module, where do I navigate exactly? 

Thanks for raising this @Daniele Cmty! I just checked, as the Product Feedback Dashboard is in Beta, the feature flag was not yet activated for you. Fixed it, you should see it now. :)

Thanks, @Julian we are removing beta so that it is available to every customer.

This is great. But not sure where to go to see the product feedback dashboard?

HI @Hannah Bailey

You’ll find it under Analytics → Product Feedback :)

I quickly checked, just to be sure it is accessible and works - I was able to find it under this url (added to your Control url): /analyticsV2/dashboard/product-feedback

If you get an error with this url, you might not have the right account permissions, e.g. Moderators might not have access, only Community Managers and Administrators.