Release

Manage and preview platform emails with our new Email Template overview

Related products: CC Notifications & Subscriptions
Manage and preview platform emails with our new Email Template overview

Want to see and manage all the email notifications that are sent on behalf of the community platform? Search no longer!

We’ve introduced a new System Emails Email Template page in Control that helps you to quickly find and edit email notifications (no longer search for the right notification in the phrases tool). @banthonisz inspired us with his idea, thanks Ben!

New Email Template page in Control

The Email Template page allows you to

✅ Find all email notifications in a single place
✅ Edit email notifications with HTML/CSS
✅ Live preview changes made to the email template

You can find the new page in Control > Email > System Emails.
Control → Customization → Email Template

We hope this new page makes the management of Email notifications easier. As always; questions, feedback, ideas can be shared in the comments below 🙂

Further reading

We have a guide that will help you to improve your emails, even if you have little or no experience working with HTML:

If you want to learn a bit more about best practices in wording etc., then we also have a guide that shows some good examples for most notification emails:

Here an overview of all variables which we currently support in notifications:

Might also be useful to have short instructional videos on how to get started with new features.

It would be beneficial to have a list of all the variables we can use! 

It would be beneficial to have a list of all the variables we can use! 

Here you go! :)

I've added it to the announcement as well. Let me know if you have other feedback!

Might also be useful to have short instructional videos on how to get started with new features.

We were discussing this lately in the context of onboarding - but I see that this could also help with more complex new features when we release them! A downside of these videos: Once we change things, it is time-consuming to update them. But I see the value for you, so we surely will consider it for future improvements.

Note: we’ve updated the menu layout and the email templates page has changed name and position.

‘Email templates’ have been renamed to System Emails.

You can configure System Emails via Control > Email > System Emails.