Only send one copy on a copilot outreach when using the 'Send Copy To" feature

Related products: None

I have a customer that would like the "Send Copy To" email to only send one email to the address. The use case is that that have a distribution list but they do not want this list to receive every email copy for every single email, they only want one.

I would like to start some discussion here to see what other peoples thoughts are.

Some challenges that I can see would be that often times the emails contain tokens with different data so I am not sure if it would be advisable to pick a random contact to use in one of these copies, this could cause confusion. Or another option I could see would be to just send it without the tokens but this could also cause confusion as some people might think there was an error.

I would like to hear the product teams thoughts on this especially when it comes to if this would be possible as well as other customers input.

Thanks!
We have not used the Send Copy To functionality for the same reason. I'm not sure what the solution would be. Ideally, the Copy would include the names or emails of those to whom the email would be distributed.
Elizabeth,

You can set that up by going to the schedule through an outreach and hitting the envelope and gear icon and adding an email address. This will email results during scheduled runs to the specified email address. It will not show the body of the email, just an overview with an excel doc attached.

Right, but we have a lot of mass distributions. Rather than having a CSMs mailbox filled up with emails, we'd like to have each of our CSMs receive a single email with a copy of those that were sent to their clients. The envelope with the gear sends a summary to me as the administrator. The Copy To would send hundreds of individual emails to a single CSM's inbox. I may be missing another alternative.
Hi Alex,

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned concerns around the Tokens. Since CoPilot is very similar to a mail merge, it's probably tough to not send a copy on each outreach or to send only some iterations of the outreach. 

So for example, if you wanted a CSM to get a copy of the CoPilot email and they have 100 contacts spread across 40 customers, how could you determine what email(s) they should be copied on?

A couple ideas:

• Send a copy on each (currently an option)

• Send a copy of the template (can do manually)

• Send a copy of the template and a copy of the powerlist export via excel (would be a new feature enhancement)

• Send a copy to the first contact in each company (and do not send copies for subsequent contacts) - this would ensure the CSM has a copy for each type of email in the cases where customer specific reports are in the body of the message) (would be a new feature enhancement)
Do you think any of those would meet what you're looking to achieve or maybe a different solution entirely?

HTH

-Dan
Thanks Dan for summarizing the ask. One more option there 

• Send the excel sheet to each CSM filtered by their customers. (CSM is identified by the from details filled in the outreach)
Elizabeth - Did you try out the feature that sync's the emails to SFDC as Task which would appear as Actvity under the contact. That is used by many users to keep track of the communication with the contact.
Hi Sundar - Thanks for the idea. We actually have a report on the Customer 360 which shows CoPilot emails, but that is something the CSM has to go look for rather than proactively alerting them of a distribution. It's a workable solution - just wanted to weigh in on the benefits of the Send Copy To suggestion as many CSMs have expressed interest. Thanks.
Sundar,

I like your idea assuming this excel sheet would automatically be sent to CSMs as part of the outreach.  We have a report on the C360 like Elizabeth as well as the sync to Task in SFDC but CSMs would still prefer to be notified at the same time as their customers, especially for outreaches being sent signed from them and from their email.  This would be very helpful to us.  Thank you.

Hello Everyone. My organization has the same question. I don’t think the original concern was addressed here.

What JO users and admins need is a way to send only one “copy” of an email for each step in the program to an email address. This would mimic either the “Send Test” option in the email template, or the “Send Test Email To” option in the “Preview” section of an Email step in the program. In each of these, I can choose to send a sample to myself or another email address, right? But I will only receive one. On the email template, there is no data to populate tokens, so I would think that automating/ renaming the “Send Test Email To” type functionality for the first “deliverable” email would be a simple idea. This would cover the desire in the field to get a full, populated, single copy of an email for each email step in the program.

I do understand this could pose an issue of relevance to those receiving the emails. But this is where the flexibility of being able to add a certain number of emails (possibly DL’s per segment) to the configuration would help. I understand we can create a report which includes the body of the email. However, this does not give internal users the opportunity to see exactly what the customer received. It is also very difficult to read and share.

This use case is as much about being informed in real-time as it is about the content itself. Having the ability to do this for each step would allow the CSM / Management to know what is sent and when without the GS admin having to send themselves a test, then send the test / preview to everyone manually, then send to customers at a different time. This also prevents embarrassment and perceived ignorance in regards to the customer who calls and asks about details regarding an email the CSM had no idea was being sent out.