Solved

CSM owner changes, how quick do the CTA owners change?

• 27 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have noticed that when we make changes to a CSM in Salesforce, that often the owner of those CTA's does not get moved over to the new CSM (at least not quickly). Can someone clarify if this change of owner actually does happen, and if so how long does it take to change because I am often doing it manually. 
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 27 January 2018, 00:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ky - changing the owner of a CTA is done manually. 

To help with this, Gainsight's Mass Edit tool let's you change info on multiple CTAs at once (just use with caution and double/triple check your filters before clicking "apply"). 
Badge
Okay great thanks Dan. Is there any future plan to change this? It takes a bit of extra effort and communication to make sure we know when these account changes happen so we can move them over to the new owners. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Something to keep in mind that that depending on how your team and CTAs are structured, you might have CTAs or sub-tasks assigned to people other than the CSM (like an account manager, CSM team manager, support rep, etc). 

Also, during a CSM transition, there might be some CTAs that the previous CSM will continue to own (provided they didn't leave the company), but other CTAs that should be transferred to the new CSM.

Given the multiple complex layers of possibilities here, it would be dangerous to have the system automatically take action and transfer all ownership.

For this reason we built a "semi-automated" method with the Mass Edit tool so you can quickly change large numbers of CTAs, but directly driven by your use cases and with a human initiating the changes. 

Hope this helps! 🙂
Badge
Ah this makes complete sense. Since we don't have a lot of cases like that, it didn't cross my mind. Thanks for the clarity around this. I will go ahead and use the mass edit tool. 

Thank you!