What’s new in branded Templates – November 30, 2017

We released a new way to feature a topic on every page of your community. We also made some improvements and fixes to our templates, check it out.

Featured topics (community-wide)

Sometimes you want to grab the attention of the user and point them directly to really important news. For example when you have a huge announcement or a great offer. We introduced a community-wide feature topic to highlight one topic on every page of your community.

This topic can be featured in two designated spots in your community: as a banner below the community navigation or as a block in the sidebar. To feature a topic as a banner you have to add the moderator tag ‘featured_banner’ to a topic in the control environment. To feature a topic in the sidebar you have to add the moderator tag ‘featured_side’ to a topic in the control environment.

Improvements 🤒

- Increased space between best answer and like functions on mobile to prevent wrong clicks

- Custom profile fields in registration modal display as a list

- Badges widget on mobile viewports is now the same as in desktop to maintain consistency

- When you want to edit your post you no longer jump to the end of the page but stay in the same position

- When a user has his ‘Display new comments’ setting turned off we hide the ‘Mark as read’ link at categories

- When a post is marked as best answer we show the ‘Best answer’ label

Fixed 🐛

- Timestamps on activities displayed in the profile page

- Spacing on homepage tabs (categories/recently active) on mobile viewports

- Translation in the statistics bar on the profile page

- Editing text on Android mobile devices

- Follow/unfollow button behaviour

That’s everything for this update, if you have ideas or suggestions let us know in the comments below. We value your feedback 👇🏻
@Yoeri How often are your updates released?
Hi Yoeri, thanks for the update. I can't choose the colour of the featured_banner right? It would be nice to change it.
@Lorna updates to the templates are continuously released. This means every day and multiple releases per day, one of the benefits of our full SaaS platform. We aim to post a bi-weekly update here in the community with the highlights and things you should know. In case of a big release or game-changer (such as the wysiwyg editor) we announce the release up front here in the community.

@Tanja The colour the featured banner is inherited by the primary/brand colour of your community and can't be changed at this moment
@Yoeri I would prefer to change the colour. Our hero image is orange, as is our brand colour. This makes that the banner isn’t standing out at the moment.

it would be great if this could be made possible in the future.
Thanks for your feedback. The ability to change the colour of the banner is something we'll keep in mind for the future 🙂
I agree @Yoeri ... Ours looks a bit scary 😋
Hi @Yoeri ,

I´v setted it and on our forum is green, looks really amazing😀😀 is suitable..but I would appreciate if it will be changeable😉
Thanks for your feedback. The ability to change the colour of the banner is something we'll keep in mind for the future :)

Please do, for us as primarily a service community right now it would allow us to differentiate between urgent notices and more information highlighting.
While I do not expect this to change often, I suggest we can change this for the current customers manually once. Can you all please send @Corine_insided a pm @ what colours you want to use for:

1. The ‘featured_banner’

2. The ‘featured_side

Than we can change it for now. On a later stage when self service is in place you can change it yourself if needed.

Please send these colour codes to me latest January 31st to make use of this one-time offer 🙂

Let's just do it!

Have a great weekend.
Hey @Tanja @Angela @OVOdarran @Lorna @Justyna I've got some good news for you.

From now on you can change the background- and text color for featured topics yourself (based on your feedback). In the colors page (Control > Appearance > Colors) you will find 2 new fields 'Featured topic background color' and 'Featured topic text color' which can be changed.

By default your brand color will be used as a background color, if you wish to change this simply uncheck 'Use Brand color' and provide a HEX or RGBa code in the field next to it.

Great! Thanks for acting on our feedback 🙂
@Yoeri Thanks a lot for the update!!!!!😍
Cool!! 💚