Over the years we’ve added a lot of new capabilities/configuration options to the inSided platform. So many, in fact, that we decided that it was time for a much-needed cleanup of our menu naming and structure.
Let's get to the good stuff first - here’s what the new menu structure and naming will look like:
An explanation of the ‘top-level’ menu items:
- Content (previously ‘Forum’): here you can keep on top of all of the content on our platform. (Drafts/Articles section coming soon!)
- Platform : here you can set up the base structure of the various sections of the platform: homepage, community, and knowledge base (coming soon!).
- Private Messages: (no changes).
- Users : here you can keep on top of all of your community members. It’s also the place where you can configure user-related features (e.g. ranks, badges, custom user roles, profile fields).
- Analytics: (no changes).
- Customization : here you’ll find all configuration that affects your end users, mainly for community managers to decide on (e.g. Sidebar Widgets, Content Helpfulness, Phrases, Ideation Status).
- Appearance: (no changes).
- Settings : here you’ll find all configuration that affects moderation (e.g. Moderation Labels, Post Fields), or your inSided instance in general (e.g. Third-Party Scripts, Integrations, Platform Visibilities). Contains tools aimed at community managers/administrators.
- Embeddable Widgets: (no changes).
Other name changes to watch out for:
- Forum > Reported will be renamed to Flagged.
- Appearance > Basic will be renamed to Site Identity.
- General Settings > Post field overview will be renamed to Post Fields.
- Forum Settings > Email Alert will be renamed to Flagged Content Alerts.
- Appearance > Widgets will be renamed to Side Widgets.
- Forum Settings > Ideation will be renamed to Ideation Status.
- General Settings > Custom User Roles will be renamed to User Roles.
- General Settings > User management will be renamed to Registration Approvals.
- General settings > File Uploads will be renamed to Attachment permissions (and sit under 'Users').
- Forum settings> Forum structure will be renamed to Community (and sit under 'Platform').