The last couple of weeks we have tested the new search algorithm with customers. The results have been very positive and show a big improvement in showing more relevant search results than previously.
The new search algorithm is now active in all of our communities. We are confident that your users will find answers to their questions a lot faster.
We now base our search results on the following rules (in order of importance):
- Exact match on title
- Exact match on first post
- Exact match on all posts
- Match with word-distance on title (means that the keywords don’t have to follow each other in the same order)
- Match with word-distance on first post
- Match with word-distance on all posts
We also set these additional rules:
- Freshness is taken into account. After a year, relevancy declines with 50%.
- Accented characters should make no difference. So even search with the wrong accents should result in a post with the good accents
- Case insensitive
- Typo’s are not taken into account
We're looking forward to hear your experiences!