In the upcoming weeks, we will work on further optimizing the way how users can find content, by introducing a parent category page and upgrading our embeddable widgets. Read about the most important upcoming releases below.
Make it easier to browse through content with ‘Parent Categories’
- We are working on a parent category page which allows users to have an overview of all content from multiple categories in a single page. This allows you to present your users a single destination that only includes content which is relevant to them.
- This feature has recently been announced and is available for testing on your staging environment already.
- Read Coming soon: Parent categories to learn more.
Upgrades to Embeddable Widgets
- We will upgrade the look & feel of the embeddable to improve the reading and browsing experience. The trigger used to open the conversational widget already got a small facelift.
- Search will be added to the conversational widget, allowing users to search all the content from your platform.
- We’ll optimize the search relevancy to serve the best content possible.
Streamline your support workflow by escalating community posts to Zendesk from Control
- Sometimes community members post issues that can’t be solved by the community, like a bug with one of your products, or an issue that’s unique to their account. In this case, the only route to a solution is to pass the information on to your support team.
- For customers using Zendesk, we’re building an integration that will allow you to quickly escalate any question, conversation, or reply to a ticket on Zendesk Support, via Control.
- By embedding this escalation button directly within Control, we aim to save you time and eliminate the frustration of switching between different platforms.
Core platform improvements
- We’re still in progress with rolling out core platform improvements to all of your communities.
- Once your community has been upgraded to the new version (you can tell by the appearance of a blue ‘create topic’ button in Control), you’ll be eligible to start using API 2.0 (containing all key functionality for Conversations, Questions, and Articles), as well as webhooks.
- Thank you all so much for your patience and continued support whilst we patch the issues with the improvements.