Roadmap

Roadmap Update April 2019

Related products: CC Others
Roadmap Update April 2019
It was a month with ups and downs for the product development team. We had to deal with huge amounts of spam; as a consequence our email system got more than 10% bounces, causing Amazon (AWS) to shut down our email service. We are very sorry about this. Unfortunately, it took longer than expected to overcome this unnecessary action from AWS. Weโ€™re working very hard to make sure that this never happens again. On the other side, we had some great releases since our last update: it is now possible to escalate community posts to Zendesk, we released the next version of our embeddable widget (including search and a redesign) and we introduced parent categories. Curious about whatโ€™s next? Read the update below.

Manage email notifications

• Empower users to manage email notifications. We will add more settings so that users can determine for which events he wants to be notified by email.

• Our first priority is to add a setting to the settings page in which a user can determine whether he wants to receive an email notification when another user mentions them.

Show knowledge base content in category pages

• At the moment, categories consist of unstructured content: conversations, articles, questions and answers are mixed together.

• We will empower you to add โ€˜knowledge baseโ€™ sections to your category pages. These sections display a list of manually curated topics. In the control environment you can pick topics to promote and reorder them to structure the content.

• Knowledge base sections are separated from the community stream to clearly distinguish them from the community content.

Private message deletion for community members

• Weโ€™re addressing this popular idea submitted on the inSpired community.

• Community members will gain the ability to delete private messages they have sent to other users or moderators, enabling them to remove content theyโ€™ve sent privately that they no longer want to share.

• Both members of the conversation will see that a message has been deleted, for the sake of transparency.

Create draft articles

• Right now, you have to use a hidden subforum for preparing your articles.

• We aim to replace this workaround with a revamped article publishing flow in Control, starting with the ability to create draft articles before publishing them.

• This means youโ€™ll be able to control the publish date of your articles; weโ€™ll also make the user experience for content writers and publishers a lot smoother!

Core platform improvements update

• Weโ€™re continuing to roll out core platform improvements to all of your communities , and getting close to finishing the job.

• Once your community has been upgraded to the new version (you can tell by the appearance of a blue โ€˜create topicโ€™ button in Control), youโ€™ll be eligible to start using the beta for API 2.0 (containing all key functionality for Conversations, Questions, and Articles), as well as webhooks.

• Thanks again for your patience and continued support!

Completed product improvements since the previous update:

I'd give this update info 5 out of 5! ๐Ÿ˜ GJ keep up the good work!

Manage email notifications

• Empower users to manage email notifications. We will add more settings so that users can determine for which events he wants to be notified by email.

• Our first priority is to add a setting to the settings page in which a user can determine whether he wants to receive an email notification when another user mentions them.

I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't know that this was live already. I just accidentally bumped into this and found out.

I wish that there would be an estimated go-live time OR you guys would send an email whenever something new is going live :)

Or am I missing out something for some reason? 🙂
You're not missing out for some reason, we hadn't publicly announced the improvement yet (now we have ๐Ÿ˜‰).

We try to bundle multiple (smaller) updates otherwise we'll be spamming topics here since our development teams work with a continuous deployment cycle. Next to these topics on inSpired we provide a platform newsletter in which we announce new things that went live.

We can not give estimated go-live dates up front as it's really hard to predict and priorities can change overtime. Via the Roadmap updates (the one you're reading now) we try to be as open as possible on what we are actively working on and what you can expect in short-term (6 weeks). The closer we get to an actual release the more confident we can say when we go live with a feature, we did this for the parent categories for example.

Smaller improvements and features are deployed continuously and are announced retroactively here on inSpired.

Hope this helps and hope you're happy with the latest improvements 🙂
You're not missing out for some reason, we hadn't publicly announced the improvement yet (now we have ๐Ÿ˜‰).

We try to bundle multiple (smaller) updates otherwise we'll be spamming topics here since our development teams work with a continuous deployment cycle. Next to these topics on inSpired we provide a platform newsletter in which we announce new things that went live.

We can not give estimated go-live dates up front as it's really hard to predict and priorities can change overtime. Via the Roadmap updates (the one you're reading now) we try to be as open as possible on what we are actively working on and what you can expect in short-term (6 weeks). The closer we get to an actual release the more confident we can say when we go live with a feature, we did this for the parent categories for example.

Smaller improvements and features are deployed continuously and are announced retroactively here on inSpired.

Hope this helps and hope you're happy with the latest improvements :)

Hi @Yoeri!

Thanks for giving me more insight!

Your way of bundling things is really clever, my only worry is that some times the phrases used are somewhat funny in Finnish (our community is in Finnish) - that's the reason why I want to know well in advance if I need to prepare to rephrase 🙂
That is a valid concern. We work together with a translation agency to minimise the risk of this happening, but some phrases are hard to translate in the right way / with the right tone of voice. We'll try to do our best to make announcements as clear as possible so you'll know what changed where and when 🙂
That is a valid concern. We work together with a translation agency to minimise the risk of this happening, but some phrases are hard to translate in the right way / with the right tone of voice. We'll try to do our best to make announcements as clear as possible so you'll know what changed where and when :)

Sounds like a plan @Yoeri !

And I must add - all the phrases have been understandable, but sometimes might need some rephrasing 🙂