Reminder: old dashboards will be removed on Wed 23 September 2020

Related products: CC Analytics & Reporting
Reminder: old dashboards will be removed on Wed 23 September 2020

Update: 23 September 18:19 CEST.

We’ve successfully rolled out the changes, removing the old dashboards, and moving the new dashboards out of beta. Please reach out and let us know if you have any additional feedback!

We will remove the old dashboards from Control next Wednesday 23 September 2020as previously announced. At the same time, the new dashboards will officially leave the beta testing phase and become the go-to dashboards for reporting in Control.

In case you want more information, check out this article explaining in more detail the changes to watch out for between the old and new dashboards.

In addition, thanks to all of you who gave feedback so far on the public beta of the new dashboards - whether in the community, directly to the product team, or to our support team / your CSM 🤩.

Please let us know if you have any questions or further feedback in the replies!

I left a comment on the article explaining the changes. Should I have left the feedback here, @daniel.boon?

I’ll respond here @becky.scott :)

Custom user role filtering

Is there a plan to allow filtering on custom roles in the content dashboard? Because we’d like to be able to filter between customers and employees to look at posting activity.

We are considering adding the ability to filter on custom user roles in the content dashboard.

(If anyone else would like to be able to filter on custom user roles, I recommend voting on @becky.scott’s idea!)

Visits/views on user dashboard

We’d also like to see visits & views on the user dashboard, to help with our metrics. Is there a plan later to let us export that report? It would be extremely helpful for setting up our executive views, especially if it includes all users and all activity during the selected date range.

I’d recommend submitting this as an idea as well @becky.scott - I already have some questions - e.g. do you mean adding visits/views to the top users table?

Exports

Around exports, we have this related idea open as well which I’d recommend voting on:

@daniel.boon yes, I mean adding visits & views to the top users table as additional columns.

Hi @daniel.boon. In the new dashboard there’s no way to filter by category to see number of members with at least 1 post, correct? A metric we track monthly is unique contributors by category. 

It looks like “Published in...” is a filter option for the Success Dashboard but not the User Dashboard.

Also, I’m seeing a small discrepancy between the number of ‘topics created’ and ‘replies’ between the old & new dashboards when filtering for the past month by category.

Is this because “On the old dashboards, users with a custom user role and a primary role other than registered/superuser/moderator/community manager/administrator would be erroneously included in the user metric?” (Improved dashboards post)

Thanks for sharing your questions @LPortalupi !

there’s no way to filter by category to see number of members with at least 1 post, correct? 

Right now that’s correct, although I think it’s a very logical metric to track, and also useful to filter the ‘top users’ table based on particular categories. We’ll take this into consideration when making improvements.

Also, I’m seeing a small discrepancy between the number of ‘topics created’ and ‘replies’ between the old & new dashboards when filtering for the past month by category.

Can you send me the category filter you’re using via private message? I can then look into this further :)

Update: 23 September 18:19 CEST.

We’ve successfully rolled out the changes, removing the old dashboards, and moving the new dashboards out of beta.

Sidenote: we also made a small improvement to the menu naming (to make it a bit more compact). In addition, all percentage-based metrics are now shown to two decimal places, to give you an extra degree of granularity.

Please reach out and let us know if you have any additional feedback!

I second the requests that were named before:

• Filtering on custom roles to distinguish between user activity levels (i.e. engagement ladder) → I also voted on the idea
  • missing KPIs compared to the old dashboards: unique contributors by topic / category (i.e. identifying the health / plurality of our community) → it’s a vast difference between having topics with 15 comments by two users talking one on one and having topics with 10 comments by 5 users contributing different aspects and views 

Gamification in the inSpired community is strong. Every time I see @bjoern_schulze’s Total Rock Star status, I feel a twinge of envy (and motivation) … and also gratitude for all his rock star-level contributions. cc @Julian 

@daniel.boon, the discrepancy in new topics & replies was occurring for all subject categories in our community, not just the example I shared above. Since I can no longer access the old dashboards, I’m not sure how to proceed with sending filter names. I’m not too worried because the numbers weren’t dramatically different – the example I shared above was the most discrepant. 

I second the requests that were named before:

• Filtering on custom roles to distinguish between user activity levels (i.e. engagement ladder) → I also voted on the idea
  • missing KPIs compared to the old dashboards: unique contributors by topic / category (i.e. identifying the health / plurality of our community) → it’s a vast difference between having topics with 15 comments by two users talking one on one and having topics with 10 comments by 5 users contributing different aspects and views 

Thanks for the feedback @bjoern_schulze ! Great to see the custom user roles idea getting so many votes in a short space of time:).

Re: unique contributors by category - would adding a ‘published in’ filter to the User dashboard be sufficient for this? Or are you after a more bird’s-eye view of all categories?

Also good to know that you find unique contributors by topic a valuable metric to track - this kind of metric (‘sense of community’ / ‘aliveness’) is something we’re looking at for future dashboard iterations.

Gamification in the inSpired community is strong. Every time I see @bjoern_schulze’s Total Rock Star status, I feel a twinge of envy (and motivation) … and also gratitude for all his rock star-level contributions. cc @Julian 

I know what you mean @LPortalupi …. I’m always eyeing up how many points I need to catch up with @Julian on the employee leaderboard.

@daniel.boon, the discrepancy in new topics & replies was occurring for all subject categories in our community, not just the example I shared above. Since I can no longer access the old dashboards, I’m not sure how to proceed with sending filter names. I’m not too worried because the numbers weren’t dramatically different – the example I shared above was the most discrepant. 

Thanks for letting me know around the discrepancies - I’ll take a look at one of your subject categories to see if I can identify anything and let you know via private message. If it’s anything generic that could apply to other customers and which isn’t covered in our current guide to changes, then I’ll also share that back in this topic.

Re: unique contributors by category - would adding a ‘published in’ filter to the User dashboard be sufficient for this? Or are you after a more bird’s-eye view of all categories?

The most important KPI for me would be the global number for all categories but I’d also would like to break it down to a parent category or category level. Our community consists of some parent categories more aimed at providing service, while other parent categories revolve around (product) feedback and others are more about providing information (and engaging the users with the company). So it would be good to know the unique contributors to service related content, feedback related content and information/engagement related content. This way we would have the needed information to - for example - adjust the community management processes to increase the “aliveness” of the feedback related content.

The most important KPI for me would be the global number for all categories but I’d also would like to break it down to a parent category or category level. Our community consists of some parent categories more aimed at providing service, while other parent categories revolve around (product) feedback and others are more about providing information (and engaging the users with the company). So it would be good to know the unique contributors to service related content, feedback related content and information/engagement related content. This way we would have the needed information to - for example - adjust the community management processes to increase the “aliveness” of the feedback related content.

I would love a “published in” filter – we just want to see unique contributors in each category or group.