Product improvements on quick links, content helpfulness, related topics and solved topics

We’ve made improvements to our platform functionality. We worked on quick links, content helpfulness, related topics and solved topics. If you’ve missed what’s new, here’s a roundup of everything we did:

Quick links can now open in a new tab

We added a configuration option for quick links to open in a new tab based on your feedback in this topic. Now you can decide per quick link if it should open in the same tab or in a new tab, this may be especially useful if you are linking to destinations outside of your community.

Content helpfulness visibility can be configured per topic

We deployed the ability to toggle on/off content helpfulness on individual topics. It is now possible to enable or disable content helpfulness on individual topics despite the generic setting.

Use default (inherits default visibility setting for this topic type)

Enable (will show content helpfulness regardless the default setting)

Disable (will hide content helpfulness regardless the default setting)

Related topics are more relevant

We connected the Related topics widget to the same datapoint as we use for our live-search engine as we announced in this topic. Both live-search and the related topics now provide the same relevancy and results when searching for or reading information.

Solved topics will appear as a “Rich result” in Google

We enriched topics that have a marked best answer with Q&A structured data. Google search results for eligible Q&A pages display a preview of the top answer when users search on a mobile device. This new presentation helps site owners reach the right users for their content and helps users get the relevant information about their questions faster.

More info on Google rich results can be found here: Rich Results expands for Question & Answer pages

Curious how your solved topics appear in Google? Use Google test engine for rich data to analyze your topics and see a preview

That’s everything for this update, we hope you like the new improvements we made. Be sure to get in touch if you have any questions.
This is awesome! Looking good, guys 😃
@Yoeri , rich results look really nice - but I have trouble finding them for our pages

• on mobile: I was looking for a generic topic that contains lots of solved questions "o2 hilfe rechnung" (see https://hilfe.o2online.de/search?q=rechnung)

• results show, but lack the additional text

• When checking or page, we get an error

My understanding as per the above:

• you enriched all Q&A that contained a marked solution

• nothing else needs to be done

What to do to get the rich media results in Google?

Cheers,

Florian
My understanding as per the above:

• you enriched all Q&A that contained a marked solution

• nothing else needs to be done

Both are correct. Only topics with a marked best answer (solution) will be indexed as a Google Rich card.

What to do to get the rich media results in Google?

In order to get rich media results in Google we need to enrich our Article topic types with Google's structured data for Articles. This is something we are considering to do next to the Google Q&A cards.
So cool. Thanks inSided team!
Hi,

I’ve figured out where to look for insights into Topic Helpfullness on GA. Seems like a great feature.

Now, how do I go about getting a list of all topics with a downvote in order to evaluate what might have driven the user to that vote?

Thanks
P.S.: Likewise, where do I go to look for stats of the internal / external Quicklinks? Where are click-through numbers tracked?
Hey,

How do I go about getting a list of all topics with a downvote in order to evaluate what might have driven the user to that vote?

In the Popular Topics detail table in the Content Dashboard (Control > Analytics > Content Dashboard > View more topics) we display happy, neutral and sad votes on the topics. Here you will be able to see which topics received downvotes

Likewise, where do I go to look for stats of the internal / external Quicklinks? Where are click-through numbers tracked?

These numbers are not available in the Control environment but your CSM will be able to assist you with giving more insights into these

Hope this helps.