We are very proud to announce that our completely new editor is now available for all users on all communities! We have invested a lot of time to give you and your users more options to create richer content in an easy way - so we hope that you will enjoy working with the new editor as much as we do!
We are investigating line-height / spacing inconsistencies as well as problems with selecting text on some viewports (e.g. Safari on iOS).
Polls are temporarily not available, but will be added again soon.
Overview of improvements
There are many things which have improved with the new editor, just to name a few:
Improved existing features
- Image upload
- Drag & drop images into the editor instead of manual upload
- Captions (descriptive text underneath uploaded images)
- In-line code is now possible (previously code was in an extra line)
- Code syntax (code is not being stripped automatically anymore)
- Multi-level lists are possible now
- Better UX in working with lists (previously lists could not be interrupted by line breaks)
- Text styling
- Text styling within lists was not fully supported before
- Text color / background color
- Horizontal lines
Of course not all of these features are available to end users, some of these (e.g. text color, header, callouts) are only available in the Control environment for now. We have plans to make this available to front-end users via user roles in the future, so that you are in control of who can make use of these features - please share your thoughts on this with us in the comments!
Please let us know what you think of this improvement, also how your users are feeling about it. This way we can adjust and improve the editor even further in the future!