Update

Our new homepage is live! Find out what's new (and why)

Our new homepage is live! Find out what's new (and why)

We are thrilled to announce that our inSpired homepage has been completely re-designed and is available to all of you now! :raised_hands::rocket::tada: This is connected to our freshly-launched homepage customization tool which is available for you as well!

What’s new

Next to an updated banner and other visual improvements, we have added some new widgets & improved existing elements within the homepage. Here the complete change log:

• Removed border of header, navigation and community statistics bar
  • Updated category thumbnails (and hero banner)
  • Added parent-category navigation cards
  • Updated the quicklinks
  • Added new featured topics widget
  • Updated recommended content widget
  • Changed community category cards order (to start with “recently active”)
  • Added sidebar widget on homepage, (parent-)category page & topic page
  • Added quicklinks at the bottom of the page

Why did we do these changes

There are a number of reasons why we did these changes the way we did them. Not just that we regularly review the homepage to reflect latest product improvements and to enhance the navigation experience. We of course also want to show what’s possible with the new homepage customization feature. We hope that you like it and also find something now that you can adapt on your own community homepage!

Tip: Learn how to get the most out of your own homepage by checking out our guide on best practices!

Your feedback

Of course we are curious to hear from you if you like it, or if you are missing something! Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

Wow - site looks really good and fresh! well done. Small thing for me but I like the quick links at the end of the page under Still scrolling? Maybe this helps: - nice. I always felt there was something missing there.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Awesome that you like it just as much as we do! 🙂 I also find the quicklinks at the bottom quite valuable, to “catch” all users that scroll all the way to the end… Curious to see how often that will be clicked going forward.

You also changed the font-size and I like that a lot. :)

You also changed the font-size and I like that a lot. :)

I also like the font size change and it seems that you also change the spacing between lines - do I have that correct? Makes reading a lot easier on the eyes. If that is correct I would also like to do that :)

I also really like the new badges they really pop.

I also like the font size change and it seems that you also change the spacing between lines - do I have that correct? Makes reading a lot easier on the eyes. If that is correct I would also like to do that :)

Yes, that’s absolutely correct! 🙂 The font we are using (Proxima Nova) is naturally a bit smaller, so we bumped it up a little bit (from 14px to 16px) via custom CSS. If you are having trouble getting this set up on your community, we surely can help you out with that - just let us know!