Announcement

Now previewing on inSpired: points-based leaderboard

Related products: CC Gamification & Engagement
Now previewing on inSpired: points-based leaderboard

We’re excited to announce a preview of a brand-new points-based leaderboard on inSpired that we believe will help you activate community members - a weekly race to the top, with a chance for all users to participate. Check it out on our homepage.

Why is this only available on inSpired?

• This feature is currently in private beta whilst we tweak & tune it in order to ensure it’s reliable and impactful before we make it publicly available to all of you on your own communities. 

Why a points-based leaderboard?

• The main reason we believe a points-based leaderboard will help with activation is that it enables you to configure a holistic measure of a member’s activity on the community.
  • This gives you a simple number that you can use to identify, highlight, and reward active users.
  • This simple number can also help stimulate weekly competition on the community.
  • Several of you directly requested a points-based leaderboard on inSpired :)!

When will this be available for me to use on my own community?

• You should expect to be able to make use of this feature on your own community in Q1 2020. 
  • Until then, we’ll be running the private beta on inSpired and a few customers to ensure all the essential pieces are in place to make the points-based leaderboard effective.

How exactly does it work / how can I participate on inSpired?

We’re excited to hear what you think and get your input, so that together we can shape the future of this feature 🙂! Let us know in the replies below!

This sounds pretty cool :thumbsup: looking forward to enabling this feature when the time is right.

@daniel.boon I think you are missing the link to the article about how this works on inSpired above.

We’re testing the new leaderboard on our Community, and I noticed something a little quirky today. If a user’s reply gets marked as the best answer, then the points for that activity count toward the current week, regardless of when they actually provided the answer. To be honest, I’m not sure what the ideal behavior would be, and I realize this is mainly happening because our moderators are behind in reviewing responses. But the end result is that there’s a user who is at the top of our leaderboard for this week, based on their actions from one month ago. And they actually haven’t engaged on the community in the last three weeks. :smirk:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the leaderboard Lila! Are any of your users commenting on this time-lag or is it just something you’ve noticed yourself? :)

No one else has commented on that yet. I did hear from one end user that he was incredibly bummed that his points from the old community weren’t migrated to the new one, so “all his hard work was for nothing”. :frowning: We don’t have developer resources to help bring those over via API.

I discovered today that the homepage leaderboard configuration does not carry over to other pages where the leaderboard displays. For example, if you click into a user’s profile, the leaderboard widget displays on the right side. Our homepage leaderboard is configured to exclude employees right now, but the leaderboard showing on profiles doesn't have the same exclusions. According to support, I have to edit the HTML to add these exclusions. It would be a lot easier if there was an automated way to indicate whether you wanted a particular leaderboard(s) configuration to display across your site.

I discovered today that the homepage leaderboard configuration does not carry over to other pages where the leaderboard displays. For example, if you click into a user’s profile, the leaderboard widget displays on the right side. Our homepage leaderboard is configured to exclude employees right now, but the leaderboard showing on profiles doesn't have the same exclusions. According to support, I have to edit the HTML to add these exclusions. It would be a lot easier if there was an automated way to indicate whether you wanted a particular leaderboard(s) configuration to display across your site.

Hey Lila,

Thanks for sharing your feedback → it is indeed currently only possible to display the points leaderboard on pages other than the homepage with a HTML workaround. We do have the ambition to standardise the method for setting up these widgets to be in line with what we offer on the homepage.