New Feature

Now available: WYSIWYG Editor For Replies In Control (with @mentions!)

Related products: CC Topic Creation

Another heads up for you and your moderation team: we plan to release an update to the editor for the topic moderation page in Control at the beginning of next year. Read on for more details!!

What has changed?

We have replaced the old BBcode editor in Control for replying to a topic with the WYSIWYG editor.

What exactly is included in this release?

• All the same formatting options currently available in the WYSIWYG editor on the frontend/create topic in Control.

• @mentions for replies in Control.

What are the next steps for the editor in Control?

• Editing in Control using the WYSIWYG editor. We're making good progress here but still need to wrap a few things up. There will be an option for you (or if needed, our support team) to quickly fix any broken BBcode (@Ronald Posthumus @tom.shaddock hope this helps you to sleep easily at night :D).

This is now available across all Branded customers. You should now be able to use the WYSIWYG editor for replying to topics, including @mentions!

Hope you enjoy this change - please reply with your feedback below 🙂!
We sure do!

With all the experience the developers have gained, adding WYSIWYG with images to private messages must be a walk in the park now right? :D

I noticed a bug which probably relates to this:

When I go and edit users post, it functions through the old editor (we edit curse words and personal information away from public eye). After I save my edit, it shows in control that the emojis and formatting of the text is broken (emojis read out as :sampleemojihere: and italic and such are inside [these] the old way). After reloading the page from control (F5) it shows correctly 🙂 Nothing much is broken but noticed this while working 😃
We sure do!

With all the experience the developers have gained, adding WYSIWYG with images to private messages must be a walk in the park now right? :D

Unfortunately these are two very different beasts, @Jurgen 😕 As lovely as a walk in the park sounds...

I noticed a bug which probably relates to this:

When I go and edit users post, it functions through the old editor (we edit curse words and personal information away from public eye). After I save my edit, it shows in control that the emojis and formatting of the text is broken (emojis read out as :sampleemojihere: and italic and such are inside

[these]

the old way). After reloading the page from control (F5) it shows correctly 🙂 Nothing much is broken but noticed this while working :D

Thanks for reporting this! We've reproduced the issue and will get on the case to fix it.
Hi, everyone

Not sure that my problem relates to this topic.

But:

One of our ambassadors reported that the problem with the installation of links to images has not been eliminated.

The structure of the link over the image through BB codes breaks the image display.

Moreover, even if you do not enter the codes manually, you first insert the image using the form tools, select it, and in the same way (via the form tools) assign the link, the result will be the same.

Tell me, pls, are you planning to solve this inconvenience for our users?
Hi Alena,

Do you mean add links to images (e.g. add a picture and then clicking that picture takes you to the link)? Or do you mean adding a link just before an image?
@daniel.boon

The first one. Add a picture, then add a link to it, so clicking on image will direct user via provided (by author of that’s post) link.

As a user I want to be able to add link to an image so other users could use that image, for example to view full sized image hosted on other site, while on this site I post a preview image that’s will fit username screens and will not blow up my posts. Also the tee is another example - let’s say I have an image-button with a links to download an app for mobile so other users will be able to just click that “button” instead of clicking the link itself.

I can do this at other forums via BB codes IMG tag inside URL tag or via message form itself by adding picture, selecting it and adding a link using form buttons only.

But neither ignores this works here.

Also, it seems like nested BB coded just break my messages (but I still can edit them l, hopefully)

Ambassador described the details by reference https://community.kyivstar.ua/zagalni-pitannya-29/testovaya-tema-sozdannaya-ya-demonstracii-problemy-so-vlozhennymi-tegami-28059
Thanks for clarifying Alena, and thanks for sharing your ambassador's post!

That functionality is not currently supported on our platform, but we do see the use cases for it. We'll keep this in mind when making any updates to the content creation capabilities on our platform 🙂