release

Now available: Homepage recommendations and configurable homepage streams

Now available: Homepage recommendations and configurable homepage streams
Not one, but two new functionalities are here. 🎉 Homepage recommendations and configurable homepage streams which were announced last week are now available!

Homepage recommendations

Highlight the most important content for your users on your homepage in basic recommendations lists. You know best which content is the most viewed and/or helps your users the best. Give that content extra attention by highlighting it on your homepage.

What can I do with this feature?

• Enable/disable visibility

• Manually add and remove topics that you want to highlight on your homepage

• Reorder the position of topics that are displayed

Get started: How To Create Recommended Topics Lists on Your Homepage

Configurable homepage streams

Rename, reorder and toggle the visibility of the tabs displayed on your homepage. We'll add configuration options in Control that allow you to change the setup of the Categories, Recently active and Help others tab.

What can I do with this feature?

• Rename tabs

• Reorder tabs

• Enable/disable the tab (toggle visibility)

Get started: How To Configure Homepage Tabs (Categories, Recently active, Help others)
Hi @Yoeri ,

the recommendations are definitely a nice feature, that allows to highlight community content on the startpage.

But they are static KB-like, not targeted to drive engagement. So my question is: do you have plans to make them contextual? Looking at other social platforms, key to their success in driving community engagement is the ability to provide users with information that they are looking for - knowingly or unknowingly - at the right point in time, i.e. within context.

A great example of the considerations taken into account and to drive individuals' engagements with balancing the engagement with the business needs I think is discussed in this Podcast about the LinkedIn Feed

What it comes down to: if you want to make an impact, you need to know your customers - at the moment and what motivates and interests them.

Currently, we know shockingly little about them, so I want to promote again that through adding an "Interest"-framework, we would not only be able to understand our community members and content better, and by this tailor their community experience to their needs and motivations.

Cheers,

Florian