Announcement

Live search suggestion gets a new look🔎👀

• 7 November 2019
  • 6 replies
Live search suggestion gets a new look🔎👀
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We improved the UX/UI of the live search suggestion box to help users find answers effortlessly. Visual changes are made to present topic information and actions in a clearer way.

New look for live search suggestion box
Content type icons

What are the changes

1. Easier to tell the content types by icons
  2. Article labels are displayed after topic titles 
  3. ‘Search:..’ button is replaced by ‘View all’ to see all the search results
  4. ‘View all’ and ‘Ask question to the community’ are phrases and can be changed if needed. 

• Category: Forum 

• Key: ​​​​​​live.search.view.all

• Ask question to the community

• Category: Forum 

• Key: live.search.ask.question

We hope you like the new changes, if you have any feedback let us know :)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the update!

My feedback:

• After setting up a custom phrase for “​​​​​​live.search.view.all”, the default phrase is still being displayed
  • Setting up a custom phrase for “live.search.ask.question” in Control works like expected
  • The search icon left to the search phrase is a little off center (all browsers, all devices, all inSided customer communities including inSpired) and should be positioned one or two pixels down, in my opinion
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

FYI: We used custom CSS to style the article labels to have a consistency to the rest of the platform.

We not only think it looks better but it also can be a way to get the users’ attention to own curated content (articles are usually published by the company). 

Does anyone agree that styling the article label consistent to the rest of the platform is a better solution compared to the current version?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@bjoern_schulze 

Nice design! I like it. Thanks for sharing. :)

About your feedback:

After setting up a custom phrase for “​​​​​​live.search.view.all”, the default phrase is still being displayed

This is an issue we will definitely look into.

The search icon left to the search phrase is a little off center (all browsers, all devices, all inSided customer communities including inSpired) and should be positioned one or two pixels down, in my opinion

You have eagle eyes! And yes, we will improve the icon alignment to make it pixel perfect. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi, 

I like the feature but I wish we could configure how many option the suggestion would show to the users. Like the side widget,  as if you use it on a mobile device, the user needs to scroll down a fair bit to actually start typing their post. 

Thanks, Claudia 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Claudia.Willunat, you mentioned that ‘the user needs to scroll down a fair bit to actually start typing their post’. Do you mean the related topics section in topic creation page?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi,

Yes I do