We’ve released brand-new & improved dashboards in public beta for all community managers and admins.
Here’s a quick summary of what you need to know:
- We’ve rebuilt the Content, User, and Success dashboards with an improved user experience.
- We aim to completely replace the old dashboards with the new dashboards by Wednesday 23 September 2020, so we’d really like your feedback to understand whether the rebuilt dashboards work well for you. Until then the old dashboards and the new dashboards will be available side by side in Control (the new dashboards have a blue ‘BETA’ label next to them in the menu).
- The metrics visualised on the new dashboards are mostly the same as on the old dashboards, with a few key differences (check out the ‘Key differences’ section below for more details).
Why are the dashboards being rebuilt and replaced?
- We heard feedback from many of you that the current dashboards had an unintuitive user experience, especially when it came to filtering. Now, the filters are conveniently available at the top of each dashboard .
- We also saw that on larger communities, the dashboards sometimes took an exceptionally long time to load. Now, they’re a lot speedier !
- By changing the underlying technology powering the dashboards, we’re also in a better position to iterate on your feedback / requests for new metrics much faster than before ♂️.
Key differences between the old dashboards and the improved dashboards
Here’s a quick summary of the key differences between the old dashboards and the improved dashboards, focusing on the elements that we do not currently plan to rebuild (highlighted in the blue callouts).
For more information, read our detailed guide to changes on the new dashboards.
Widgets that we do not currently plan to rebuild on the new Content Dashboard:
- Detailed topic/category table views
Widgets that we do not currently plan to rebuild on the new User Dashboard:
- Rank changes
- Activated accounts
- Ranks table and detailed ranks table view.
Widgets that we do not currently plan to rebuild on the new Success Dashboard:
- Marked answers
- Active users per topic created
- Avg. replies per topic
- Number of replies per topic
- All-time activation funnel.
Known bugs (to be resolved)
- ✅Fixed: When filtering on ‘Published in’, choosing a ‘reported posts category’ can cause the results to become inaccurate (i.e. the category that stores reports of when end users have ‘flagged’ content).
Let us know what you think
A great big thank you to all the customers who gave us early feedback in the private beta of the improved dashboards:
We’re excited to hear what you think of the improved dashboards. We know a lot of you are actively using the current dashboards, and we want to make the transition period as effortless as possible for you. Please reply with your feedback, especially if:
- You encounter unexpected behaviour
- There’s anything you’re really missing from the old dashboards.
- You already prefer the new dashboards! (we’d love to hear what you like, as well as what else you’d like to see improved in the future).